Author Topic: Ryan: Romney could fill McCain’s shoes as GOP ‘standard-bearer’  (Read 859 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ryan: Romney could fill McCain’s shoes as GOP ‘standard-bearer’
Politico, Nov 29, 2018

House Speaker Paul Ryan predicted his friend, former running mate and soon-to-be senator Mitt Romney will inherit former Sen. John McCain's mantle as the "standard-bearer" of the Republican Party on Capitol Hill.

Romney, elected to the Senate in Utah, and Ryan (R-Wis.) share a long friendship dating back to 2012, when the speaker, then chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, joined the GOP ticket as Romney's vice presidential nominee. Following McCain's death earlier this year, Ryan said he thinks Romney has a chance to be a moral force in a Republican Party increasingly driven by identity politics.

"It’s great that he’s coming," Ryan said of Romney on Thursday during a Q&A hosted by The Washington Post. "Mitt believes there’s a role for him … as a standard-bearer for our party.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/29/ryan-romney-mccain-moral-heir-1027223

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Words fail me.    888mouth

Offline Absalom

Ah, the Romney/Ryan tag team again.
These two assholes are a perfect pair!!!

Offline Frank Cannon

If the standard is a steaming pile of shit, Romney is the guy alright.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
WTH? Is Ryan on drugs,or what?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

WTH? Is Ryan on drugs,or what?

Maybe. I'm not up on what they boys are up to in bathhouses these days....

Offline dfwgator

Romney and McCain.

Two guys who lost to Frickin' Obama.

THAT does not look good on a resume.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Romney and McCain.

Two guys who lost to Frickin' Obama.

THAT does not look good on a resume.

LOSERS!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Is pot legal in Wisc?  Cus Ryan must be smoking something to be taking crap like that.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Is pot legal in Wisc?  Cus Ryan must be smoking something to be taking crap like that.

He doesn't care.  He cares about lining his own pockets.  Look for him to run with Romney in 2020 or 2024. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

He doesn't care.  He cares about lining his own pockets.  Look for him to run with Romney in 2020 or 2024.

Nah, they won't run. They won't need to, the Pub party failures will ruin Trump's re-election chances.

I don't like it, but the future does not look good. Winning on judges is great, but losing on healthcare is bad and losing on immigration is catastrophic. I can't think of any multi racial, non assimilating populations, that thrived as a nation.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Frank Cannon

Found Romney's shoe he is filling....

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Nah, they won't run. They won't need to, the Pub party failures will ruin Trump's re-election chances.

I don't like it, but the future does not look good. Winning on judges is great, but losing on healthcare is bad and losing on immigration is catastrophic. I can't think of any multi racial, non assimilating populations, that thrived as a nation.

Definitely multi-raical, non-assimilating populations that are growing by the numbers; if allowed to continue, will destroy this country.  Pres. hasn't completely failed on healthcare (still 2 years left) and so far he his standing strong on illegal immigration.  As I've stated a couple of times, how things at the border turn out, will define his presidency.

Offline bilo

Definitely multi-raical, non-assimilating populations that are growing by the numbers; if allowed to continue, will destroy this country.  Pres. hasn't completely failed on healthcare (still 2 years left) and so far he his standing strong on illegal immigration.  As I've stated a couple of times, how things at the border turn out, will define his presidency.

I really don't fault Trump. He's been very direct about what he wants and he tried to work with the Pubs when they held both houses. It's the Pubs that failed, only 193 supported the the POTUS on immigration in the House and the Senate failed to pass a watered down obamacare repeal. Now if Trump does not shut down the govt over border wall funding and force the careerists hands he's going to lose in 2020. I don't think the Pubs care if he wins or loses.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home