Author Topic: CNN drops Marc Lamont Hill after anti-Israel remarks at UN spark backlash  (Read 973 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
CNN announced Thursday that it had fired commentator Marc Lamont Hill after he gave a speech at the United Nations in which he used language critics describe as a dog whistle advocating the elimination of Israel.

"Marc Lamont Hill is no longer under contract with CNN," a spokesperson for the cable network told Fox News.

Hill had come under criticism for his remarks during a Wednesday meeting of the Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People in observance of the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. He accused the Israeli government of “normalizing settler colonialism" and called for a "free Palestine from the river to the sea," a remark that got applause from participating diplomats.

At one point, Hill poured himself some water and told participants that he just got off a flight from “Palestine” and that “I was boycotting the Israeli water so I was unable to quench my thirst.”

“If we are standing in solidarity with the Palestinian people, we must recognize the right of an occupied people to defend itself," Hill said during a portion of his speech comparing the Palestinian movement with the American civil-rights movement. " We must prioritize peace, but we must not romanticize or fetishize it."

On Thursday morning, Hill attempted to defend his remarks on Twitter. He wrote: "In my speech, I talked about the need to return to the pre-1967 borders, to give full rights to Palestinian citizens of Israel, and to allow right of return. No part of this is a call to destroy Israel. It’s absurd on its face."

But others noted that the phrase "from the river to the sea" is used regularly by numerous anti-Israel groups, including the terror group Hamas. Hill responded by claiming that the phrase "precedes Hamas by more than 50 years" and "has a variety of meanings."

Anne Bayefsky, director of the Touro Institute on Human Rights and the Holocaust and president of Human Rights Voices, told Fox News that Hill’s speech was an "especially obscene U.N. moment that reveals the true nature of the anti-Israel and anti-Jewish animus of the modern United Nations."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-drops-marc-lamont-hill-anti-israel-remarks
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: CNN drops Marc Lamont Hill after anti-Israel remarks at UN spark backlash
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 10:44:18 pm »
I am surprised.  Almost shocked.  He had his Jesse Jackson anti-Semite "Hymietown" moment but unlike The rev, he got busted.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 11:16:59 pm »
The degree of ideological and anti intellectual insularity is enough to gag a maggot.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 11:31:20 pm »
Hahahaha! Oh man. This is great. For the life of me I cannot understand why Black Americans are drawn to Islam. Islamic fundamentalists consider Black people to be no more than apes and slaves. This is their doctrine. They may 'tolerate' Blacks in the short term for political gains, but deep down Islam is the most racist, homophobic, doctrine on Earth.

Good on ya Lamont! Run to your masters like a good little boy.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 11:34:11 pm »
CNN drops Marc Lamont Hill after anti-Israel remarks at UN spark backlash

By Samuel Chamberlain, Brian Flood | Fox News

CNN announced Thursday that it had fired commentator Marc Lamont Hill after he gave a speech at the United Nations in which he used language critics describe as a dog whistle advocating the elimination of Israel.

"Marc Lamont Hill is no longer under contract with CNN," a spokesperson for the cable network told Fox News.

Hill had come under criticism for his remarks during a Wednesday meeting of the Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People in observance of the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. He accused the Israeli government of “normalizing settler colonialism" and called for a "free Palestine from the river to the sea," a remark that got applause from participating diplomats.

At one point, Hill poured himself some water and told participants that he just got off a flight from “Palestine” and that “I was boycotting the Israeli water so I was unable to quench my thirst.”

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-drops-marc-lamont-hill-anti-israel-remarks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 11:34:53 pm »
Israel should take over the rest of their territory and get it over with. Let's allow them to do that. We'll bring all of our stuff back from Europe and increase funding to Israel. Cut off the rest of the world.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 11:52:08 pm »
Why would some bush league "Professor" be giving any speeches at the UN?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 11:53:15 pm »
Why would some bush league "Professor" be giving any speeches at the UN?

Search me?

Offline Frank Cannon

Online Wingnut

Offline jpsb

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 12:07:37 am »
Good

Offline verga

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 12:24:27 am »
Bout Time
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 12:57:53 am »
1st Amendment guarantees everyone the right to free speech.

It guarantees No one a right to an audience.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. (get fired)
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

rangerrebew

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2018, 12:38:55 pm »
November 30, 2018
CNN fires Marc Lamont Hill after he calls for ‘free Palestine from the river to the sea’
By Thomas Lifson

Marc Lamont Hill lost his gig as a commentator at CNN after he used a familiar slogan calling for the destruction of Israel at an anti-Israel conference at the United Nations on Wednesday. As The Wrap noted, this is:

...a line which has been used repeatedly by Hamas leader Khaled Mash’al. The phrase was also used by the Palestinian Liberation Organization beginning with its founding in 1964, when it was still classified as a terror group.

Hill also voiced support for violent Palestinian “resistance,” suggesting that Palestinians could be inspired by “slave revolts and self-defense and tactics otherwise divergent from Dr. King or Mahatma Gandhi.”

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/cnn_fires_marc_lamont_hill_after_he_calls_for_free_palestine_from_the_river_to_the_sea.html#ixzz5YLCvOg44

Offline Mod1

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2018, 12:50:30 pm »
Threads merged.