Author Topic: Trump says he’s canceling meeting with Putin over Ukraine  (Read 397 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he’s canceling meeting with Putin over Ukraine
« on: November 29, 2018, 05:38:48 pm »
 By Christina Prignano Globe staff  November 29, 2018

President Donald Trump is canceling his G-20 summit meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin over Russia’s conflict with Ukraine, Trump announced in a tweet on Thursday.

Putin and Trump were set to meet on Saturday at the summit of world leaders in Argentina, the Kremlin said this week.

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

Based on the fact that the ships and sailors have not been returned to Ukraine from Russia, I have decided it would be best for all parties concerned to cancel my previously scheduled meeting....
10:34 AM - Nov 29, 2018

Donald J. Trump
    ✔
    @realDonaldTrump
     Â· 1h

Based on the fact that the ships and sailors have not been returned to Ukraine from Russia, I have decided it would be best for all parties concerned to cancel my previously scheduled meeting....

Donald J. Trump
    ✔
    @realDonaldTrump

....in Argentina with President Vladimir Putin. I look forward to a meaningful Summit again as soon as this situation is resolved!
    10:34 AM - Nov 29, 2018

more
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2018/11/29/trump-says-canceling-meeting-with-putin-over-ukraine/Ac6APYXvFWL6eN9MOBL2mO/story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Kremlin touts Trump-Putin meeting — before Trump cancels it
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 06:37:18 pm »
Kremlin touts Trump-Putin meeting — before Trump cancels it
Amie Ferris-Rotman, John Wagner

MOSCOW —President Trump on Thursday canceled a one-on-one meeting with Russian leader Vladi­mir Putin at the Group of 20 summit in Argentina, a decision he announced just hours after the Kremlin had publicly confirmed the time and date.

In a tweet from Air Force One en route to the summit in Buenos Aires, Trump blamed the cancellation on Russia’s seizure of Ukrainian ships and sailors over the weekend.

Trump had previously cast the Buenos Aires sit-down into doubt, telling The Washington Post in a Tuesday interview that he might forgo meeting Putin after Russia’s naval action sparked global condemnation and a sharp escalation in tensions between the neighbors.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-cancels-planned-meeting-with-russian-president-vladimir-putin-at-upcoming-g20-summit-in-argentina/ar-BBQeNzv?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Finally, I was thinking, he'd look pretty horrible if this meeting had gone through.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump says he’s canceling meeting with Putin over Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 09:14:30 pm »
Big deal.  He wrote an elaborate letter canceling the NK summit after Kim made fun of Pence, then had it, anyway, and ‘fell in love.’
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Latest: Trump appears to walk past Putin, Saudi prince
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 05:31:16 pm »
Associated Press
The Latest: Trump appears to walk past Putin, Saudi prince

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-latest-trump-appears-to-walk-past-putin-saudi-prince/ar-BBQi9zS

I believe another story is that Putin and the Crown Prince warmly welcomed each other. I think there are pix of that too.

If this info hasn't been posted yet, I am.  I won't make a separate thread.