Author Topic: Trump threatens to declassify Russia docs to 'counter punch' Dems  (Read 565 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump threatens to declassify Russia docs to 'counter punch' Dems
By Morgan Chalfant - 11/28/18 05:12 PM EST

President Trump on Wednesday threatened to declassify documents related to the Russia investigation that he claimed would be damaging to Democrats if they decide to investigate him when they take control of the House next year.

Trump's comments, made in an interview with The New York Post, come two months after he walked back his original plans to declassify and publicly release the documents as a result of concerns from U.S. allies and his own Justice Department.

“If they want to play tough, I will do it,” Trump told the Post. “They will see how devastating those pages are.”

He suggested that the documents would serve as a “counter punch” to Democrats if they choose to investigate him.

“If they want to go and harass the president and the administration, I think that would [be] the best thing that could happen to me because I’m a counter puncher and I will hit them so hard, they’ve never been hit like that,” he said. “You know what? I think that will help my campaign. That will be the beginning of my campaign as president.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/418776-trump-says-he-will-declassify-russia-docs-to-counter-punch-democrats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Trump threatens to declassify Russia docs to 'counter punch' Dems
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 10:43:48 pm »
Do it. Do it now! Why wait? They didn’t wait to start all this Russian collusion story. Take that knockout punch 🥊 before they can rope-a-dope.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 01:54:25 am »
This investigation has leaked like a tea strainer.  Declassify and publish. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 02:11:58 am »
Don't threaten, sir.
Just DO IT.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 02:32:48 am »
Trump's threat doesn't feel empty. I hope this is for real.

:pop41:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 02:36:23 am »
Dammit man, do it.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump threatens to declassify ‘devastating’ docs about Democrats
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 10:52:03 pm »
Trump threatens to declassify ‘devastating’ docs about Democrats
By Marisa Schultz and Nikki Schwab November 28, 2018

In a wide-ranging, exclusive interview with The Post, President Trump said Wednesday that if House Democrats launched probes into his administration — which he called “presidential harassment” — they’d pay a heavy price.

“If they go down the presidential harassment track, if they want go and harass the president and the administration, I think that would be the best thing that would happen to me. I’m a counter-puncher and I will hit them so hard they’d never been hit like that,” he said during a 36-minute Oval Office sitdown.

The commander-in-chief said he could declassify FISA warrant applications and other documents from Robert Mueller’s probe — and predicted the disclosure would expose the FBI, the Justice Department and the Clinton campaign as being in cahoots to set him up.

Read more at: https://nypost.com/2018/11/28/trump-threatens-to-declassify-devastating-docs-about-democrats/

The stress of the job putting some aging on Trump? Maybe a little. I saw a side-by-side, before/after inauguration comparison the other day.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 10:57:35 pm »
He is so FOS about this. All he does is bitch and whine on Twitter about how the investigation has gone on too long, is expensive, destroying lives, and has no basis. So, if he really is holding back information that could end all of this, he’s a tremendous a-hole for not releasing it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 01:58:56 am »
If they don't have anything overly sensitive in them that needs to be classified, declassify them.  If they do, then don't.  Politics should have nothing to do with it.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 02:15:32 am »
If they don't have anything overly sensitive in them that needs to be classified, declassify them.  If they do, then don't.  Politics should have nothing to do with it.

That is kind of the point, isn’t it? We’ve been told all this ‘intel’ and the dossier is phony, from politically motivated hatchet men. What is there to protect? That’s why I contend this threat is a pile of BS and Trumpian bluster.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.