Author Topic: Easy victory expected for Nancy Pelosi in speaker nomination vote, despite defectors  (Read 282 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Easy victory expected for Nancy Pelosi in speaker nomination vote, despite defectors
by Laura Barrón-López
 | November 28, 2018 12:00 AM

Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., is poised to win support from an overwhelming majority of her caucus Wednesday when Democrats nominate their candidate for speaker and vote on the rest of their leadership team.

But regardless of Pelosi’s margin of victory Wednesday, her ascension to the speakership is not a done deal — not yet.

The renegade group of Democrats bent on forcing her out refuse to back down and say they have the stamina to take their fight to the floor in January.

The closely watched caucus vote will offer little insight into the strength of the opposition campaign against Pelosi. There is no alternative candidate and the ballot is secret, giving members plenty of cover to vote against her in caucus but then support her on the floor.

“We know what’s going to happen [Wednesday] and the issue is still going to be whether she can get the votes on the floor and the votes just aren’t there,” said New York Democrat Kathleen Rice, a leader of the rebel group.

Rice denied that the detractors were softening or giving up on their crusade. “It’s going to be fluid,” she said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/easy-victory-expected-for-nancy-pelosi-in-speaker-nomination-vote-despite-defectors
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Great news! Maybe she will ask Ginsberg to retire so she can be Pelosi's intern. I'm waiting until the average age what is called Democrat Leadership crosses over to 100 years old.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
So much for the new exciting leadership in the House.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
So much for the new exciting leadership in the House.

It does not bother me one bit that Nancy will be leader.  She's the ultimate democrat.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.