Author Topic: Patently Offensive  (Read 327 times)

rangerrebew

Patently Offensive
« on: November 27, 2018, 05:01:38 pm »
 Patently Offensive

Posted By Bill McMorris On November 24, 2018 @ 5:00 am In Issues | No Comments

An elderly tech inventor is accusing the federal government of personally targeting him to block him from patenting his life's work.

Anyone who uses a computer or television has enjoyed the fruits of Gil Hyatt's labor. He has pioneered technology and computer programming used by Panasonic, Sony, Philips, and Toshiba. He poured the licensing fees back into the lab where he has continued his research for decades. But beginning in the mid-1990's, Hyatt said the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) began enforcing a blockade against his patent applications. The agency, his suit claims, went so far as to create a dedicated group of regulators committed to delaying numerous applications until the 80-year-old inventor expires.

"The PTO founded what the agency calls the ‘Hyatt Unit' in 2012 for the purpose of miring all of Mr. Hyatt's applications in administrative purgatory until Mr. Hyatt gives up or dies," the suit says.

URL to article: https://freebeacon.com/issues/patently-offensive/

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Patently Offensive
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 06:31:56 pm »
I'm familiar enough with patent trolling. Normally, a patent troll buys up existing patents and then sues to enforce them purporting to be the originators of the patents, whether along individual or a group of patents that compose a particular product or technology. That's emphatically not what Mr. Hyatt has done. His attorney is right. Let his applications be judged purely on their individual merits.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 07:53:40 pm »
I'm familiar enough with patent trolling. Normally, a patent troll buys up existing patents and then sues to enforce them purporting to be the originators of the patents, whether along individual or a group of patents that compose a particular product or technology. That's emphatically not what Mr. Hyatt has done. His attorney is right. Let his applications be judged purely on their individual merits.

Is that like Copyright Trolling?  What was that firm...Righthaven?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 09:46:32 pm »
Is that like Copyright Trolling?  What was that firm...Righthaven?
They're first cousins.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 09:49:21 pm »
They're first cousins.

I thought so.  Your description of these parasites reminded me of them.  So glad they lost in court.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: