Author Topic: Hundreds of U.S. troops on southern border shifted near site of migrant caravan  (Read 545 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Washington Post By Dan Lamothe 11/26/2018

About 300 hundred U.S. service members on the southern border have been shifted within the last few days from assignments in Arizona and Texas to work in California, near where a caravan of migrants has arrived in Mexico, U.S. military officials said Monday.

The troops were reassigned in coordination with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which asked for assistance from the Pentagon to prepare for the arrival of Central American migrants. President Trump has lauded the use of the military at the border, even as Defense Secretary Jim Mattis has stressed that the troops will have no law enforcement role.

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/hundreds-of-us-troops-on-southern-border-shifted-near-site-of-migrant-caravan/2018/11/26/53f57250-f1b8-11e8-9240-e8028a62c722_story.html

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I hope the administration is gettin' serious about keeping these invaders out...!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I hope the administration is gettin' serious about keeping these invaders out...!

It's beginning to look like it.   happy77

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This shit need to be stopped now.   If not we will be dealing with events like this monthly. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This shit need to be stopped now.   If not we will be dealing with events like this monthly.

I'm glad it's happening, because we have been dealing with stuff like this for years, just without the coverage.  Now, looks like something is being done about it.

Did you know that 1/3 of the population of El Salvador now lives in the US?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm glad it's happening, because we have been dealing with stuff like this for years, just without the coverage.  Now, looks like something is being done about it.

Did you know that 1/3 of the population of El Salvador now lives in the US?

Ouch. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.