Author Topic: Trump on dire warnings in climate report: ‘I don’t believe it’  (Read 25224 times)

Offline Hoodat

Don't take my advice; I don't care.

Looks like you aren't taking your advice either. 

Now, about those solar panels, how much solar do you generate for your own use?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline RoosGirl

Looks like you aren't taking your advice either. 

Now, about those solar panels, how much solar do you generate for your own use?

He's got solar yard lights.  bleep lecturing all of us about saving the planet from global warming and he doesn't even have as much solar equipment as I do and I have hardly anything.  What a troll.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

He's got solar yard lights.  bleep lecturing all of us about saving the planet from global warming and he doesn't even have as much solar equipment as I do and I have hardly anything.  What a troll.

I am not lecturing you about saving the planet from global warming. I am lecturing you about minimizing the words of scientists.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

I am not lecturing you about saving the planet from global warming. I am lecturing you about minimizing the words of scientists.

Same damn difference.  Put up or shut up.

Offline Dexter

Same damn difference.

Why is that the same difference? Is it because you actually understand that almost all of the climate scientists are saying the same thing?
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

Why is that the same difference? Is it because you actually understand that almost all of the climate scientists are saying the same thing?

Troll somewhere else, troll.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Goal Is Power: The Global Warming Conspiracy

https://www.forbes.com/sites/charleskadlec/2011/07/25/the-goal-is-power-the-global-warming-conspiracy/#7e002e8b7c08

In "Watermelons, The Green Movement's True Colors", British journalist/blogger James Delingpole promises to show that the man-made global warming is a fraud, one that has already cost billions of dollars and is a clear and present danger to our liberty and democratic traditions -- and, ironically, to the environment itself.

He largely accomplishes this task and, for the most part, does so without sounding hysterical or radical. This alone would recommend this book to all who care about the environment, the human condition and the foundations of our way of life.

Delingpole was among the leading journalists who reported the Climategate scandal, in which he analyzed e-mails among leading climate scientists that had been hacked and posted on the web.  What he discovered was a pattern of purposeful and coordinated efforts to:

Manipulate the data supporting the claims of a sudden and dangerous increase in the earth's temperature;
    Not disclose private doubts about whether the world was actually heating up;
    Suppress evidence that contradicted the hypothesis of anthropogenic global warming (AGW);
    Disguise the facts around the Medieval Warm Period, when the earth was warmer that it is today;
    Suppress opposition by squeezing dissenting scientists out of the peer review process.

Normally, disclosure of fraudulent behavior on this scale would throw the proponents of any position into disrepute and spell the end of their political power.  Not so with the advocates of global warming.

The reason: Global warming is not about science, but about politics -- that is, about expanding the power of elites using the coercive instruments of government to control the lives of people everywhere.  Just as the governing class embraces ineffective Keynesian stimulus spending to justify expansion of government, they now extol AGW as the basis for increasing their power to rule over the rest of us.

I remember that in the 1970s, "scientists" had used computer models to "prove" that the increase in industrial activity was about to trigger another ice age.  The villains and solutions were the same as with global warming:  Economic growth, rising living standards, capitalism and increased economic activity were going to destroy the planet.  Then, as now, reduction in the use of fossil fuels, de facto restrictions on the use of automobiles, higher taxes and forced reductions in living standards were the recommended policy responses.

What makes AGW different is that the alleged pollutant is carbon dioxide -- an odorless, colorless gas that is the basis of all life and human activity.  Regulation of CO2 is the gateway for those who control government to regulate all economic and most human activity.

With the stakes this high, it should not be surprising that those who seek power have simply ignored the fraud and continue to press forward with their agenda to regulate "carbon" emissions.  Note: This language too is part of the fraud.  The emissions they seek to regulate are not dirty, sooty carbon, but carbon dioxide, that harmless gas that we exhale with every breadth.

More at link above.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes, I've come reluctantly to the conclusion that that is exactly what Dexter is.  A troll. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DB

I refuse to assume I know what the reality of the situation is when people that know a lot more than me are in disagreement about it.

Then you refuse to learn. Refuse to educate yourself and simply yield your life to others that supposedly know better than you through authority and nothing more.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Troll somewhere else, troll.

And he's kept you entertained for how long now?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

Then you refuse to learn.

I think my focus on not overestimating myself has allowed me to learn a lot in my life.
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

Oh, a while, to be sure.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Green is the new Red.

Khrushchev prediction slowly coming true

Online DB

I think my focus on not overestimating myself has allowed me to learn a lot in my life.

We'll you haven't learned much from the engineers and scientists here. You just blindly slough it off. You want to plead ignorance while coming to a conclusion only based on a position of authority... That fails in science every time.

Oceander

Maybe so, but you aren’t even paying attention to the words you’re lecturing us about. I agree that it would take a lot of education and experience to be able to go through much of this stuff in great detail, but that is not necessary when it comes to weighing the claims and conclusions made and, in particular, carefully reading the words that are used. 

“Consensus” is one of those words about which one does not need technical brilliance in any given field to understand, except perhaps in the general field of logic and the English language.  It is a weasel word and not a word that connotes science. It connotes political agreement devoid of any scientific basis.  Understanding that does not require understanding the details of climate science.

It’s a shame you cannot - or will not - see that. 

Online libertybele

Pull up a chair and watch till the end ... I hope you find this just as interesting and entertaining as I do.  Once of my favorite clips:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9-tY1oZNw
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline Dexter

Ted Cruz said many times there has been no "significant" warming. I wonder how much warming a lawyer decided isn't significant.
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

Pull up a chair and watch till the end ... I hope you find this just as interesting and entertaining as I do.  Once of my favorite clips:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9-tY1oZNw

Huh, how about that.  @Dexter is a black man named Aaron Mair.

Offline RoosGirl

Ted Cruz said many times there has been no "significant" warming. I wonder how much warming a lawyer decided isn't significant.

Sounds to me like it's enough for the scientists to call it "The Pause".

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

There isn't any different from the @Frank Cannon @RoosGirl quad wrangle.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

Sounds to me like it's enough for the scientists to call it "The Pause".

888high58888
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline Night Hides Not

There isn't any different from the @Frank Cannon @RoosGirl quad wrangle.

After five pages, it's no longer entertaining...just sheer banality.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline RoosGirl

After five pages, it's no longer entertaining...just sheer banality.

There's a biscuit thread around here somewhere you may like.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Huh, how about that.  @Dexter is a black man named Aaron Mair.

Oh, I remember that guy.  You could be right.