Author Topic: Trump on dire warnings in climate report: ‘I don’t believe it’  (Read 25219 times)

Offline LMAO

I have a solar powered battery charger to charge my trolling motor batteries for fishing  that  actually works OK

But that’s not the same as running an economy on solar

Investors were once told to invest in .com stocks  and subsidize housing
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Investors were once told to invest in .com stocks  and subsidize housing

We will get better and better at harnessing sunlight. Current limitations will become less and less of limiting factors as the technology improves. The speed at which solar technology is growing is kind of unbelievable. In investment there's always an element of how good you are at predicting future success. Sometimes people fail. I am very sure about solar.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
No, at this point I am just desperate to get y'all to admit that even one honest scientist believes AGW is happening. The vast majority do believe that to varying degrees AGW is happening.

@Dexter

Dexter....  I think you will find several here, including myself who believe that there are several "honest" scientist who took the bait, and believed.  There's a big difference in being honest and being duped.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Dexter

@Dexter

Dexter....  I think you will find several here, including myself who believe that there are several "honest" scientist who took the bait, and believed.  There's a big difference in being honest and being duped.

You think you understand something about the climate that large numbers of climate scientists don't?
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

You think you understand something about the climate that large numbers of climate scientists don't?

Why do you keep asking this question over and over again?  We're not changing our answers.

Offline Frank Cannon

Why do you keep asking this question over and over again?  We're not changing our answers.

Come on. He just wants you to admit that you are as stupid about issues as he is. It is Christmas time after all. Throw him a bone. Tell him you are stupid too.

Online DB

I'm only 29 and solar technology isn't ready yet. I'm watching it very closely. I'm going to put away a bunch of money and then start worrying about where to invest. Don't take my advice; I don't care.

You obviously don't know how investing in technology is suppose to work. If you invest after the technology is mature you missed the boat. The point is to get in prior to it becoming a huge success so you get the big returns on its growth.

So if you really believe solar is the future, now is the time to get in so you ride its coming success.

But it sounds like when it comes to your own money you'll pass on it.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I kicked myself more than once for not investing in cellular phones back in the late 80's.

Then I doubled down by buying an M5 instead of putting it into Google. 

9999hair out0000  STOOPID! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Dexter

You obviously don't know how investing in technology is suppose to work. If you invest after the technology is mature you missed the boat. The point is to get in prior to it becoming a huge success so you get the big returns on its growth.

So if you really believe solar is the future, now is the time to get in so you ride its coming success.

But it sounds like when it comes to your own money you'll pass on it.

There is a lot of time left to invest in solar. Fossil fuels are nowhere near having their dominance jeopardized.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Come on. He just wants you to admit that you are as stupid about issues as he is. It is Christmas time after all. Throw him a bone. Tell him you are stupid too.

Ignorance should not be confused with stupidity Frank. What is/was your job? I bet you know a lot more about it than I do because I'm ignorant. I lack the experience you have.
-Socrates

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I kicked myself more than once for not investing in cellular phones back in the late 80's.

20 or so years ago I sold my parents home, and the sales price was strangely the same as one share of Berkshire A. To me it seemed like a sign.   Told my broker I wanted to invest that way, but she talked me out of it.  Needless to say she was fired about 5 years later.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RoosGirl

I've never claimed to be smart. You do that and people start expecting things from you. No sir, I keep a low profile and my workload is half of what it otherwise would be.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Only fellow German Car Fanatics, will knw what an M5 is !!

"The Ultimate Driving Machine"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

Ignorance should not be confused with stupidity Frank. What is/was your job? I bet you know a lot more about it than I do because I'm ignorant. I lack the experience you have.

I'm a slumlord. All you need is a 3rd graders grasp of the English language, a hand gun and a calculator to do it. Pretty much blows the roof off of your concept of "If I am not doing something I don't know anything about it" shit.

Offline Frank Cannon

M5 is the Ultimate Driving Machine for poor people. People with cash who want real performance drive an AMG.

Offline DCPatriot

LOL!  'The Beast'!!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

M5 is the Ultimate Driving Machine for poor people. People with cash who want real performance drive an AMG.

LOL!   In your perverted dreams, pal.    I've owned S and E Class.  Total crap for the $$

Mercedes was getting their lunch money stolen...thus the AMG to compete with BMW's M Class.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:07:32 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Indeed it is!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It is very frustrating to see all of you take a giant shit on the opinions of people that have dedicated their lives to science. They're not all perfect, but most of them are fighting for good. What you should understand by now is that most climate scientists do indeed believe AGW is happening. I want you to recognize that and converse with me from there. It's true.
Let me put it this way @Dexter. I AM a scientist, I have dedicated nearly 5 decades of my life to the pursuit of knowledge about the Earth, its past, the various environments present here. I am a Geologist. I fully recognize that the relatively minor impact humans have had in the last mere couple of million years, in the top 5-6 miles of the skin of a planet 7926 miles in diameter at the equator, out of its 4,600,000,000 year history is an eyeblink in the history of the planet. Even in the last roughly two million years since human ancestors started breaking rocks and using the sharp bits, we haven't had the ability to alter much until the mid 1940s, and then that only by concentrating and utilizing the power inherent in a few of the elements present in the Earth's crust, with awesome destructive force.
As for altering the climate (global climate, not the weather in some isolated valley or area where there are lots of humans) we only occupy a small fraction of the surface of the planet, and while the effects of our effluent may seem to be major in those places where humans live in hives stacked upon one another, the rest of the planet takes little notice of such activity, even though traces of it may be found there.

The evidence is indeed compelling, though, when one looks at two things.

First the temperatures from the last 640,000 years, the period in which humans were and became most active and developed technology. They go up over time, and they go down, independent of any human factor.

Second, Carbon Dioxide levels in the atmosphere also go up and go down, from perfectly natural causes, and these increases and decreases follow the temperature changes, and not precede them. Simple logic would indicate that the former causes the latter, not the other way around. I even laid out a "Mr. Wizard" level reason for the increases in CO2 following temperature increases, with a simple experiment anyone can do, given a bottle of carbonated beverage and a balloon. Simply enough, more CO2 can be dissolved in water at lower temperatures. As the oceans warm in a warming cycle, CO2 is released from solution and the atmospheric levels of CO2 go up. As they cool, more CO2 can be dissolved in the oceans, and CO2 levels in the atmosphere go down. CO2 doesn't cause the warming, changes in CO2 levels are a result of the changes in temperature.  You don't have to be a scientist--any seven year old with a warm soda can figure it out if you explain what is going on.

(What is being done with CO2 levels is the equivalent of looking at a yard and seeing dog poop, and saying dog poop causes dogs.)

These factors indicate that simply put, human emissions of carbon dioxide are not the forcing factor in climate, and as many have stated, everyone seems to be ignoring the primary source of energy (unless they want tax money to develop it or susbidies to operate it) and that is the sun and the amount of energy released by it.

For those of us in the know, everything in nature moves in cycles, cycles which are very difficult to disturb. Simply put, humans lack the ability to create more than minor and localized peturbations to those cycles.

Those who have put this entire scheme forth, however, have well documented profit motives, especially the likes of Mr. Gore, who used a political bully pulpit to launch a popularity campaign of doom and destruction which has cultic overtones. No evidence to the contrary is enough, and where evidence should have existed, the data have been tampered with, corrupted, or made unavailable.

As a scientist, our mission is to better understand the universe and all in it so we can explain that to folks who don't have the urge to examine samples representing hundreds of miles of accumulated rock, who don't want to learn the chemistry, the biology, or the physics involved. That does not preclude explaining such in layman's terms, and if you really know what you are talking about, you can do that. If we couldn't, we wouldn't have universities, just cloisters for those who know, because they wouldn't be able to teach the next generation of scientists. You have to start somewhere.

I also understand that if the high priesthood of "Climate Science" controls who is heard, who is allowed to review the sacred data scrolls, complete with scratch outs, redactions, and missing (removed) pages, and who is even allowed to claim their holy status, then sure, by silencing any dissent through ignoring (as you have) evidence to the contrary, not permitting the data to be analyzed independently, not disclosing methodology, then all others can be shouted down, especially if the potential for financial gain is significant--and, Dexter, it IS significant. One "Carbon Exchange" alone stood to make its purveyors trillions of dollars (out of our little pockets) and that was just the one here in the US. Keep in mind that is just the price of complying with this scam, the cost goes far beyond that in undeveloped technology, decreased manufacturing ability, the impaired ability to defend our country and our culture, and generally poorer quality of life for all AMericans, not to mention the rest of the planet.

One more question for you. Why is it that the country with the lowest smokestack emissions on the planet is expected to bear the burden of these climate scams while others are given a pass on conditions which rival or exceed any of the worst we ever had? We have cleaned up our industry.

Only by defining CO2 as a pollutant instead of the plant food and trace element in our atmosphere essential to life can this be done. Humans, by virtue of increased activity, emit more CO2. It's a byproduct of respiration. If that's the case, rioting in the streets, shouting people down, all the antics of the Left, the hysteria only cause their participants to emit more CO2. Maybe they should sit down and be quiet. Then, too, the whole "workout" thing should be shut down, too, because increased physical activity leads to more CO2. Maybe a 'workout tax' could be implemented. Or maybe the definition of CO2 as a "pollutant" is inappropriate, after all, the entire oxygen consuming biomass of the planet has been pooting out CO2 since life began--and still is.

Now, before you tell me a few hundred paid protestors or even a few million people slogging away on treadmills are an insignificant factor, I'll come right out and say so myself. They don't have enough effect to affect the climate.

Well, neither does anything else we're doing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Dexter

Let me put it this way @Dexter. I AM a scientist, I have dedicated nearly 5 decades of my life to the pursuit of knowledge about the Earth, its past, the various environments present here. I am a Geologist. I fully recognize that the relatively minor impact humans have had in the last mere couple of million years, in the top 5-6 miles of the skin of a planet 7926 miles in diameter at the equator, out of its 4,600,000,000 year history is an eyeblink in the history of the planet. Even in the last roughly two million years since human ancestors started breaking rocks and using the sharp bits, we haven't had the ability to alter much until the mid 1940s, and then that only by concentrating and utilizing the power inherent in a few of the elements present in the Earth's crust, with awesome destructive force.
As for altering the climate (global climate, not the weather in some isolated valley or area where there are lots of humans) we only occupy a small fraction of the surface of the planet, and while the effects of our effluent may seem to be major in those places where humans live in hives stacked upon one another, the rest of the planet takes little notice of such activity, even though traces of it may be found there.

The evidence is indeed compelling, though, when one looks at two things.

First the temperatures from the last 640,000 years, the period in which humans were and became most active and developed technology. They go up over time, and they go down, independent of any human factor.

Second, Carbon Dioxide levels in the atmosphere also go up and go down, from perfectly natural causes, and these increases and decreases follow the temperature changes, and not precede them. Simple logic would indicate that the former causes the latter, not the other way around. I even laid out a "Mr. Wizard" level reason for the increases in CO2 following temperature increases, with a simple experiment anyone can do, given a bottle of carbonated beverage and a balloon. Simply enough, more CO2 can be dissolved in water at lower temperatures. As the oceans warm in a warming cycle, CO2 is released from solution and the atmospheric levels of CO2 go up. As they cool, more CO2 can be dissolved in the oceans, and CO2 levels in the atmosphere go down. CO2 doesn't cause the warming, changes in CO2 levels are a result of the changes in temperature.  You don't have to be a scientist--any seven year old with a warm soda can figure it out if you explain what is going on.

(What is being done with CO2 levels is the equivalent of looking at a yard and seeing dog poop, and saying dog poop causes dogs.)

These factors indicate that simply put, human emissions of carbon dioxide are not the forcing factor in climate, and as many have stated, everyone seems to be ignoring the primary source of energy (unless they want tax money to develop it or susbidies to operate it) and that is the sun and the amount of energy released by it.

For those of us in the know, everything in nature moves in cycles, cycles which are very difficult to disturb. Simply put, humans lack the ability to create more than minor and localized peturbations to those cycles.

Those who have put this entire scheme forth, however, have well documented profit motives, especially the likes of Mr. Gore, who used a political bully pulpit to launch a popularity campaign of doom and destruction which has cultic overtones. No evidence to the contrary is enough, and where evidence should have existed, the data have been tampered with, corrupted, or made unavailable.

As a scientist, our mission is to better understand the universe and all in it so we can explain that to folks who don't have the urge to examine samples representing hundreds of miles of accumulated rock, who don't want to learn the chemistry, the biology, or the physics involved. That does not preclude explaining such in layman's terms, and if you really know what you are talking about, you can do that. If we couldn't, we wouldn't have universities, just cloisters for those who know, because they wouldn't be able to teach the next generation of scientists. You have to start somewhere.

I also understand that if the high priesthood of "Climate Science" controls who is heard, who is allowed to review the sacred data scrolls, complete with scratch outs, redactions, and missing (removed) pages, and who is even allowed to claim their holy status, then sure, by silencing any dissent through ignoring (as you have) evidence to the contrary, not permitting the data to be analyzed independently, not disclosing methodology, then all others can be shouted down, especially if the potential for financial gain is significant--and, Dexter, it IS significant. One "Carbon Exchange" alone stood to make its purveyors trillions of dollars (out of our little pockets) and that was just the one here in the US. Keep in mind that is just the price of complying with this scam, the cost goes far beyond that in undeveloped technology, decreased manufacturing ability, the impaired ability to defend our country and our culture, and generally poorer quality of life for all AMericans, not to mention the rest of the planet.

Only by defining CO2 as a pollutant instead of the plant food and trace element in our atmosphere essential to life can this be done. Humans, by virtue of increased activity, emit more CO2. It's a byproduct of respiration. If that's the case, rioting in the streets, shouting people down, all the antics of the Left, the hysteria only cause their participants to emit more CO2. Maybe they should sit down and be quiet. Then, too, the whole "workout" thing should be shut down, too, because increased physical activity leads to more CO2. Maybe a 'workout tax' could be implemented. Or maybe the definition of CO2 as a "pollutant" is inappropriate, after all, the entire oxygen consuming biomass of the planet has been pooting out CO2 since life began--and still is.

Now, before you tell me a few hundred paid protestors or even a few million people slogging away on treadmills are an insignificant factor, I'll come right out and say so myself. They don't have enough effect to affect the climate.

Well, neither does anything else we're doing.

Have you ever argued with one of the scientists that believes AGW is happening? How do you think they'd try to counter your position?

One more question for you. Why is it that the country with the lowest smokestack emissions on the planet is expected to bear the burden of these climate scams while others are given a pass on conditions which rival or exceed any of the worst we ever had? We have cleaned up our industry.

We suggest that we are the leaders of the world so people expect us to act like it. It's not fair. You're right. China should be expected to do more.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:09:54 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dexter, I don't personally know any scientists who think humans are causing any significant effect on the climate. None.
And I know and have talked with quite a few.
They all agree (100%) that the current "Climate Change" jihad being waged on America and American industry is a scam.  They are disgusted that those who control the journals and microphones who get the face time of TV are pulling this crap on people who don't know better, and claiming "scientific expertise" and that the average person "wouldn't understand" so"trust them".

If your banker handed you a line of crap like that, would you trust them?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Dexter

Dexter, I don't personally know any scientists who think humans are causing any significant effect on the climate. None.
They all agree (100%) that the current "Climate Change" jihad being waged on America and American industry is a scam.  They are disgusted that those who control the journals and microphones who get the face time of TV are pulling this crap on people who don't know better, and claiming "scientific expertise" and that the average person "wouldn't understand" so"trust them".

As people we don't have much choice but to rely on each other and try to pull strength from our collective knowledge. I would be very interested in seeing you argue with those that are qualified to disagree with you.
-Socrates

Offline Idiot

As a fellow geologist, I don't know of any scientists that believe humans are causing any significant global warming.  That's a poll of 40 of us in this office building.

Keep up the good work Joe.  You might be wasting your breath though....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
As people we don't have much choice but to rely on each other and try to pull strength from our collective knowledge. I would be very interested in seeing you argue with those that are qualified to disagree with you.

In one ear and out the other...  *****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Dexter

In one ear and out the other...  *****rollingeyes*****

I refuse to assume I know what the reality of the situation is when people that know a lot more than me are in disagreement about it.
-Socrates