Author Topic: Connecticut Congressman Accuses Trump, DHS, Fox News Host of Dishonesty  (Read 835 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Post & Email  11/25/2018

On this morning’s “Sunday Morning Futures,” Rep. Jim Himes (D-CT4) accused the Department of Homeland Security, President Trump and substitute host Trish Regan of “lying” about there being “500 felons” in the thousands-strong “caravan” of Central-American travelers originating primarily from Honduras last month.

Regan, who was in for regular host Maria Bartiromo, asked Himes what he believes the solution should be to the “migrants” currently lodged in Tijuana, Mexico who are demanding entry into the United States.

Himes suggested that the U.S. provide more financial assistance to nations such as Guatemala and Honduras, where most of the caravan “migrants” reportedly originated.  Last month, Trump announced that he plans to suspend or decrease such financial assistance as a result of the caravan’s steady progress toward the U.S.

The exchange began cordially but quickly escalated to an adversarial one after Himes said that Trump is perpetuating falsehoods about the composition of the caravan. Himes later admitted, however, to not knowing who is in the caravan.

Himes claimed that asylum-seekers do not commit violent crimes against Americans and that Trump lied when he claimed that “Middle-Easterners” are present within the caravan.

Last month, Judicial Watch reported that individuals from a host of foreign countries were reportedly recently discovered and expelled from Guatemala by the administration of President Jimmy Morales.  “In a startling revelation, Guatemala’s president announced in the country’s largest newspaper that nearly 100 ISIS terrorists have been apprehended in the impoverished Central American nation,” JW wrote in an October 18 press release.  “Why should Americans care about this? A caravan of Central American migrants is making its way north. Let’s not forget that Guatemala is one of the countries that bombarded the U.S. with illegal immigrant minors under Barack Obama’s open border free-for-all. They came in droves from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala through the Mexican border and for years Uncle Sam rolled out the welcome mat offering housing, food, medical treatment and a free education.”

Further, the press release said:

Guatemala has long been known as a major smuggling corridor for foreigners from African and Asian countries making their way into the U.S. Last year Guatemala’s largest paper, Prensa Libra, published an in-depth piece on the inner workings of an international human smuggling network that moves migrants from Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal and Bangladesh to the U.S. Individuals are sent to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates then flown to Brazil before heading to Colombia. Once in South America, the migrants are transported to Panama before moving on to Costa Rica then a central point on Guatemala. One Spanish news report refers to Guatemala as a human smuggling paradise because it’s so easy to get fake passports. A few years ago, the head of Guatemala’s passport division got arrested for selling fake passports to a group of Colombians, according to a government announcement.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2018/11/25/connecticut-congressman-accuses-trump-dhs-fox-news-host-of-dishonesty/

Oceander

Re: Connecticut Congressman Accuses Trump, DHS, Fox News Host of Dishonesty
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 08:48:56 pm »
So, Himes has been down there personally, and has vetted all or substantially all of the members of these caravans?  If not, then his estimates are no more accurate than anyone else’s. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 09:39:40 pm »
So, Himes has been down there personally, and has vetted all or substantially all of the members of these caravans?  If not, then his estimates are no more accurate than anyone else’s.

Yep.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 02:00:36 am »
From the article...
"Himes later admitted, however, to not knowing who is in the caravan."

So he accuses everyone else of being dishonest about whose in the caravan but he doesn't know himself?

To think, your fellow citizens put people like this in office
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 02:08:10 am »
You can't get much farther/further from mexico than where she lives.  Bless her liberal heart for chiming in.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.