Author Topic: #CyberMonday for the Conservative Shopper  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
#CyberMonday for the Conservative Shopper
« on: November 25, 2018, 07:48:21 pm »
#CyberMonday for the Conservative Shopper
November 23, 2018

Cyber Monday is the biggest online shopping day of the year. You can get awesome deals for your loved ones well before the bells toll for Christmas.

2ndVote shoppers have an extra responsibility, however. You don’t just want a great gift – you want to get it from a great company! After all, online retail giant Amazon is one of the most liberal companies in 2ndVote’s database.

Well, read on for how to do just that.

First, consider using Overstock.com as a great alternative to Amazon that won’t compromise your values.. We’ve profiled Overstock.com before, and we are pleased to recommend them to you now.

Second, use the links provided 2ndVote’s Christmas Gift Guide to learn about online retailers that our vetted. Many of these companies sell hundreds of other items. Published last week, the Guide recommends top retailers and their products for 2ndVote shoppers. From dolls to wine glasses to a dog camera, our recommendation will help you find the presents for your loved without compromising your values....
 https://2ndvote.com/

Good website for those of us who do not want to support leftist causes any more than we have to.

This is a link to the site:  https://2ndvote.com/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: #CyberMonday for the Conservative Shopper
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 07:52:40 pm »
Wow.  I've used Overstock.com frequently .... without knowing their political slant.

Now I'm glad I did and encourage others to take a look.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 07:53:46 pm »
Wow.  I've used Overstock.com frequently .... without knowing their political slant.

Now I'm glad I did and encourage others to take a look.

Yeah, me too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 08:11:23 pm »
Good website for those of us who do not want to support leftist causes any more than we have to.

This is a link to the site:  https://2ndvote.com/

I could not live without Amazon.  Sorry about the leftist head guy but I have no way of knowing about the politics and inner workings of any of those online outlets and I love Amazon.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 08:17:40 pm »
So I looked at the website and the *only* reason they have rated Overstock.com as conservative is because they sell firearm accessories on the site.  All other issues that may or may not have support by the company is listed as "no information can be found". Just FYI.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 08:37:04 pm »

Thanks for the website .  Will be bookmarked and frequently used.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 08:43:02 pm »
I could not live without Amazon.  Sorry about the leftist head guy but I have no way of knowing about the politics and inner workings of any of those online outlets and I love Amazon.

I like using Amazon too, but it has gotten pretty damn scary how big and controlling this behemoth has become on commerce.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 08:45:33 pm »
So I looked at the website and the *only* reason they have rated Overstock.com as conservative is because they sell firearm accessories on the site.  All other issues that may or may not have support by the company is listed as "no information can be found". Just FYI.

As an annuitant, I was interested in seeing where my company rated.   It was in the red.  I find it pretty suspect that any "Big Oil" would be considered "liberal"

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 09:04:21 pm »
As an annuitant, I was interested in seeing where my company rated.   It was in the red.  I find it pretty suspect that any "Big Oil" would be considered "liberal"
'

Well, Rex Tillerson certainly fit that bill.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 09:15:30 pm »
I like using Amazon too, but it has gotten pretty damn scary how big and controlling this behemoth has become on commerce.

Yes, BUT I went through this boycotting thing when I worked for the labor union.

I'm not doing it.

It's like when Wal-mart got so huge and everyone whined about them putting the mom and pop shops out of business.

Amazon meets my needs.  I live on an island without easy access to large retail stores or any way to tool around to all of them.

It is sooo easy to find what you needs on Amazon and returns are no problem.

It would have taken me days of shopping to do all the Christmas shopping I did on Amazon in a couple of hours.

If someone can prove to me that Amazon kills puppies, I'm not doing the boycott thing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 09:19:42 pm »
Yes, BUT I went through this boycotting thing when I worked for the labor union.

I'm not doing it.

It's like when Wal-mart got so huge and everyone whined about them putting the mom and pop shops out of business.

Amazon meets my needs.  I live on an island without easy access to large retail stores or any way to tool around to all of them.

It is sooo easy to find what you needs on Amazon and returns are no problem.

It would have taken me days of shopping to do all the Christmas shopping I did on Amazon in a couple of hours.

If someone can prove to me that Amazon kills puppies, I'm not doing the boycott thing.

I missed the "boycott" part.  Where was it?

You are correct to follow your conscience, as we all are.  I'm going to apply a set of priorities to what I buy where, and I assume you will do so as well.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2018, 09:22:06 pm »
I missed the "boycott" part.  Where was it?

You are correct to follow your conscience, as we all are.  I'm going to apply a set of priorities to what I buy where, and I assume you will do so as well.

Sorry, it seemed like you were suggesting boycotting (or not using, or whatever) Amazon.

I remember when Wal-Mart was the hated behemoth.  Now Amazon is hurting Wal-mart.

It's called a free market society.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2018, 09:24:10 pm »

Same here.  And I don't know that Overstock has the unusual stuff I'm always looking for, whereas 99% of the time, Amazon has it. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2018, 09:28:06 pm »
Same here.  And I don't know that Overstock has the unusual stuff I'm always looking for, whereas 99% of the time, Amazon has it.

Amazon is so efficient I used to say I wish they were running the country ... but maybe not.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 09:30:23 pm »
Sorry, it seemed like you were suggesting boycotting (or not using, or whatever) Amazon.

I remember when Wal-Mart was the hated behemoth.  Now Amazon is hurting Wal-mart.

It's called a free market society.

No, the article/I were just suggesting organizations that you could direct your business to that do not undermine American values and way of life.  No one is saying you have to.

I'm not planning on quitting using Amazon, but I will direct my business elsewhere when possible and sure would love to see and help with some real competition to Amazon. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 09:30:56 pm by Sanguine »

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 09:38:34 pm »

:beer: Agreed!

For those buying for drinkers this year I suggest this veteran owned and operated company: benshot.com

I’m buying a set of these for my neighbor.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 09:40:44 pm »
I might head over there and give them a look.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 09:42:20 pm »
No, the article/I were just suggesting organizations that you could direct your business to that do not undermine American values and way of life.  No one is saying you have to.

I'm not planning on quitting using Amazon, but I will direct my business elsewhere when possible and sure would love to see and help with some real competition to Amazon.

Don't worry @Sanguine   Eventually someone will come up with some competition unless the government steps in.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 09:43:03 pm »
Oh yeah, don’t forget blackriflecoffee.com and rriveter.com

One I’d vet owned and operated, the other provides jobs for military wives who have to move around a lot. The former’s coffee is delish, and the latter’s handbags are also!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2018, 09:56:29 pm »

I'm not doing it.

Oh, for cripes sake @Emjay   This is not about boycotting the beloved Amazon .... this is about alternatives. 

I recommend overstock.com because their selections and prices are terrific.   And now that I know their political slant.... I recommend using them and keeping them viable.

You choose .... knowing alternates exist.  No one's telling you what the bleep to do.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2018, 10:15:28 pm »
Amazon is so efficient I used to say I wish they were running the country ... but maybe not.

Certainly the powers that be in Washington could learn a few things from Amazon. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2018, 10:32:41 pm »
Oh, for cripes sake @Emjay   This is not about boycotting the beloved Amazon .... this is about alternatives. 

I recommend overstock.com because their selections and prices are terrific.   And now that I know their political slant.... I recommend using them and keeping them viable.

You choose .... knowing alternates exist.  No one's telling you what the bleep to do.

Relax @Right_in_Virginia .  I hope no one is telling me what to do because I would react badly to that. What is your problem?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:33:24 pm by Emjay »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2018, 10:38:59 pm »
Relax @Right_in_Virginia .  I hope no one is telling me what to do because I would react badly to that. What is your problem?

You relax dear @Emjay  No one is telling you what to do, so stand the bleep down.

Alternatives have been presented for consideration.  If none meet your needs, so the hell be it.

Is this clear enough for you?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:40:03 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2018, 10:43:50 pm »
You relax dear @Emjay  No one is telling you what to do, so stand the bleep down.

Alternatives have been presented for consideration.  If none meet your needs, so the hell be it.

Is this clear enough for you?

What's really clear to me @Right_in_Virginia is that you are a horrible friend.  I support you 99% of the time but one post you don't like and I'm supposed to stand the bleep down?

Sheesh.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2018, 11:05:21 pm »
What's really clear to me @Right_in_Virginia is that you are a horrible friend.  I support you 99% of the time but one post you don't like and I'm supposed to stand the bleep down? 

Sure, we're friends @Emjay  --- out here in cyber world.  But when you poke me, I will give my God's honest opinion. If you don't like it and want to carry on like a toddler ... so be it. 

I support you with all my strength when appropriate ... when I disagree with you I do so with kid gloves ... until you melt down into a pool of bullshit.

My best advice to you:  Stop reacting like a 3 year old ---  and stop poking your friends.

Godspeed   :beer: