Author Topic: Are Voters Losing Confidence in the Integrity of Our Elections?  (Read 310 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Are Voters Losing Confidence in the Integrity of Our Elections?
« on: November 25, 2018, 07:42:58 pm »
Are Voters Losing Confidence in the Integrity of Our Elections?
Julio Rivera

Posted: Nov 25, 2018 12:01 AM

The political climate in the United States has been perpetually explosive for what feels like generations. This sentiment was evident as voters went to the polls for the 2018 midterm election. As a result of this, the 2018 midterm had the highest voter turnout since 1914. Despite the passion exhibited by both parties this election, in the shadow looms a serious issue that can affect the very foundation of our democracy. That issue is the growing distrust in our election results.

According to recent surveys, 31% of American voters have “not very much” or “no confidence at all” in our election results. Furthermore, one-third of Americans believe foreign governments had influenced the outcome of the recent midterms. This can be partially attributed to the American media's narrative framing of the 2016 Presidential election as illegitimate, and partially decided by foreign entities.

There are a number of additional factors that also have contributed to the growing lack of faith in the electoral process. It is no secret that foreign governments have attempted on multiple occasions to influence American elections to suit their agenda.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/juliorivera/2018/11/25/are-voters-losing-confidence-in-the-integrity-of-our-elections-n2536431
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Are Voters Losing Confidence in the Integrity of Our Elections?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 07:46:52 pm »
Yep!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 11:58:04 pm »
Well... what happens when a significant part of Americans realize that "the ballot box" don' work no mo'...?

Offline the_doc

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 12:01:48 am »
Yep!
Ditto.  I would add "Of course!"