Author Topic: More millennials are moving back home - and it's making everyone depressed:  (Read 35163 times)

Offline mountaineer

@musiclady  Nicely said.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

You don't understand the struggles of young people as well as you think you do. Things have changed. You could argue that it was just as hard for you, but you absolutely don't know what's it's like to be a young person today. You have not lived their life. All generations struggle, but it comes to finances the millennials are struggling extra hard, and I don't believe it's all their fault.

There it is.
Millennial butthurt.
No one EVER can have any idea how HARD it is to be a millennial.
We can't possibly understand. We are too old.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
A lot of Europeans admire us and our greatness, but I don't think most of them would move here. The average person has a much better time over there.

Interesting.  My relatives come over regularly and enjoy it.  They also have great praise for our medical establishment, having actually used it and know what they are talking about.

Offline mountaineer

We are too old.
I won't argue with that, nor will my achy knees.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@musiclady  Nicely said.

Indeed it was.

@musiclady  You speak to the "Poverty of the Soul."   People who want to throw the SoCons out of the Party don't want to hear it.   888mouth
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Your vision of a “better place” may be a lot different than someone else’s. Never assume you know what’s best for individuals

The American economy is the largest in the world. In fact, we drive the world economy. We lead the world in healthcare research and innovation. Our “poor” are the envy of the world. In fact, we still have enough capitalism that  the market can meet many of the needs of the poor

Yes, well said.  Do you know how ignorantly arrogant that comes off as, @Dexter?  Not ragging on you, just trying to give you some insight.

Offline LMAO

@musiclady  Nicely said.

I agree. However, I guess it is natural for young people of every generation to believe they just have at the toughest.

I can’t imagine what it was like to come of age during the Depression  and then at the start of World War II. I would think that that generation of young people had it the worst
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

The main thing for me is that things are harder than they were then.

No, they are not.

Offline LMAO

We are too old.

Speak for yourself :tongue2:

I’m not getting older. I’m getting more distinguished, better, and a little bit more experienced and wealthier. But never never older
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline mountaineer

I agree. However, I guess it is natural for young people of every generation to believe they just have at the toughest.

I can’t imagine what it was like to come of age during the Depression  and then at the start of World War II. I would think that that generation of young people had it the worst
That would be my parents, for whom a Christmas stocking with an orange and a few walnuts inside was a treat.

Online roamer_1

https://www.businessinsider.com/millennials-lives-compared-to-gen-x-baby-boomers-did-2018-3#millennials-are-less-financially-stable-than-previous-generations-were-1

They are absolutely struggling more financially.

That means nothing. You are buying into bullshit.
There is nothing stopping you, personally, from becoming successful.

Offline Dexter

There is nothing stopping you, personally, from becoming successful.

Nothing has. That doesn't mean things aren't more difficult financially.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:11:20 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Nothing has. That doesn't things aren't more difficult financially.

But, the difficulties are mostly attitudinal.

Hey, did you see my question above?  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,341573.msg1854064.html#msg1854064 @Dexter   Waiting for your answer.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:15:00 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
https://www.businessinsider.com/millennials-lives-compared-to-gen-x-baby-boomers-did-2018-3#millennials-are-less-financially-stable-than-previous-generations-were-1

They are absolutely struggling more financially.

Then restore the rungs of the ladder that have been cut off, don't give people free stuff.  A solution I would not expect to find at BI.  Try Investors Business Daily for a change.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

Interesting.  My relatives come over regularly and enjoy it.  They also have great praise for our medical establishment, having actually used it and know what they are talking about.

Why don't they stay? European countries have an incredibly high rate of approval of their healthcare. It's still my opinion that healthcare here is only the best in the world if you're wealthy. If it sucked over there they wouldn't have so many happy people. There are always anecdotes, but according to the stats they are doing great.
-Socrates

Online roamer_1

Nah. Victimhood. Bullshit. Stop with the victim nonsense and pull on your boots and go make something of yourself.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Why don't they stay? European countries have an incredibly high rate of approval of their healthcare. It's still my opinion that healthcare here is only the best in the world if you're wealthy. If it sucked over there they wouldn't have so many happy people. There are always anecdotes, but according to the stats they are doing great.

They don't move because their old friends, kids and grandkids are over there.  They do complain a lot about conditions there though. 

And, I'm not talking mere anecdotes; I'm talking real people with firsthand knowledge.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I’m not getting older. I’m getting more distinguished, better, and a little bit more experienced and wealthier. But never never older

I was born crotchety.  Now get off my lawn!
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

Oh FFS. Still with the whining about how unfair life is.  Fine, life is unfair, your generation is bleep and no one older than 35 gives a bleep about y'all.

Do we all feel better now? I know I do.

Online roamer_1

Yeah, that works so long as you can hold your mud...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh FFS. Still with the whining about how unfair life is.  Fine, life is unfair, your generation is bleep and no one older than 35 gives a bleep about y'all.

#MeToo.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

Fine, life is unfair, your generation is bleep and no one older than 35 gives a bleep about y'all.

I accept this position. At least you're being consistent.
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I accept this position. At least you're being consistent.

I've learned through life that the only financial situation I can afford to care about is my own.  That, too is consistent.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
From what I've seen, I think you turned it pretty well!  888high58888

@Cyber Liberty

Well,there may have been a few bumps in the road,but thanks!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!