Author Topic: No more division; the country needs bipartisanship  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: No more division; the country needs bipartisanship
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2018, 05:23:51 pm »
Social conservatism. I've said it a dozen times already. Economic conservative issues are winners at the polls. Social conservative issues are losers, and it's getting worse. Christianity will be the doom of economic conservatism.

If you've said it a dozen times, then nobody's hearing it...like @dfwgator said, you can't have one without the other. That's the flaw in your argument.

The recently held midterms just set off a claymore mine to your argument: best economy in history according to Trump, yet the Pubbies got their hats handed to them in the House and local elections.

How do you explain THAT?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2018, 05:25:26 pm »
And 50 years after that, conservatism will be back with a vengeance because leftist policies ALWAYS devolve into totalitarianism....it’s the natural progression. And eventually via external wars or internal revolutions, the people will yearn to throw off that yoke. 

IOW, "Who is John Galt?"

History has taught us many times how civilizations rise and fall. The great experiment known as the United States is not immune to the forces of history. It will eventually fall, all we can do is our best to prolong its destruction.

First step is to nuke Washington DC. Second step is to pull out 535 random names from phone books throughout the country to replace the House and Senate. Third step is to reestablish the primacy of the 10th Amendment.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 05:29:35 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2018, 05:26:01 pm »
Scoffing at reality doesn't make it any less real.

Ok, accept the reality you are trying to force the GOP into or die.  Better?

Maybe you don't understand chucking Socons out of the party will kill what's left of it.  I think you may be barking up the wrong party.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2018, 05:28:26 pm »
Social conservatism. I've said it a dozen times already. Economic conservative issues are winners at the polls. Social conservative issues are losers, and it's getting worse. Christianity will be the doom of economic conservatism.

If you are failing to get any traction on a conservative site it might be because everybody read it a dozen times and have concluded you're full of it.  Another dozen won't do the trick.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2018, 05:31:23 pm »
Ok, accept the reality you are trying to force the GOP into or die.  Better?

Maybe you don't understand chucking Socons out of the party will kill what's left of it.  I think you may be barking up the wrong party.

Socons have been used as the custodial staff on the Trump Train, and are treated accordingly.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2018, 05:33:05 pm »
Another reflection.
Conservatism is a body of enduring Ideas and Principles pre-dating the Greeks.
These govern conduct involving the attitudes and behaviors of human nature
that are independent of economics, politics and religion.
Kirk enumerated several, as below:
* The Family Unit is the eternal bedrock of Civilization.
* Custom and continuity stabilize culture/society.
* The Principle of Prescription recognizes precedent as superior to current whim.
* The Principle of Prudence mandates decisions now be measured against future consequences.
* The Principle of Subsidiarity requires authority be devolved to the lowest level of the social order.
* Mankind is created unequal by the Soul, therefore variety is the catalyst for creativity.
* Man is not perfectible, so tolerance must be promoted.
* Private property and personal freedom are catalysts for individual responsibility.
* Communal voluntarism is superior to collective coercion.
* The impulse toward Power must be curtailed for the nation/state to survive and thrive.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2018, 05:43:51 pm »
Another reflection.
Conservatism is a body of enduring Ideas and Principles pre-dating the Greeks.
These govern conduct involving the attitudes and behaviors of human nature
that are independent of economics, politics and religion.
Kirk enumerated several, as below:
* The Family Unit is the eternal bedrock of Civilization.
* Custom and continuity stabilize culture/society.
* The Principle of Prescription recognizes precedent as superior to current whim.
* The Principle of Prudence mandates decisions now be measured against future consequences.
* The Principle of Subsidiarity requires authority be devolved to the lowest level of the social order.
* Mankind is created unequal by the Soul, therefore variety is the catalyst for creativity.
* Man is not perfectible, so tolerance must be promoted.
* Private property and personal freedom are catalysts for individual responsibility.
* Communal voluntarism is superior to collective coercion.
* The impulse toward Power must be curtailed for the nation/state to survive and thrive.

IOW, we're screwed. Republicans have failed as badly as the Democrats.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2018, 05:51:35 pm »
Related opinions:
For myself, this distinction between economic and social
conservatism is both meaningless and pointless.
Further, the notion that the R Party was and is Conservative
is beyond absurd.
It was formed around 1850 as an Anti-Slavery Party
and supported by the Northern Mercantile Class.
Post Civil War it championed centralized government
rejecting States Rights; a legacy that engulfs us now.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2018, 01:17:52 am »
It'll be sad to watch the country fall apart after the left takes complete control due to Republicans being averse to any compromise.
I find it amazing that the democrats are never expected to compromise. One always hears the democrats demand that the Republicans share power when the Republicans have the majority, the democrats demand the Republicans be fair when the Republicans have the majority, the democrats cry out for bipartisanship when the Republicans have the majority........................and do you know what the Republicans hear from the democrats when the democrats have the majority?, they hear the whole of the democrat party yell *UCK YOU!

Screw bipartisanship!                that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
9999hair out0000

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2018, 01:36:48 am »
I find it amazing that the democrats are never expected to compromise. One always hears the democrats demand that the Republicans share power when the Republicans have the majority, the democrats demand the Republicans be fair when the Republicans have the majority, the democrats cry out for bipartisanship when the Republicans have the majority........................and do you know what the Republicans hear from the democrats when the democrats have the majority?, they hear the whole of the democrat party yell *UCK YOU!

Screw bipartisanship!                that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
9999hair out0000

They're just as stubborn, maybe more. The difference is they're winning.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates