Author Topic: Caravan migrants play the PR game, shifting tactics  (Read 510 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Caravan migrants play the PR game, shifting tactics
« on: November 24, 2018, 01:00:46 pm »
American Thinker by Monica Showalter 11/23/2018

Dumping the Honduran flags, a group of about 150 caravan migrants apparently did a test run for a border surge, swarming the police at a border bridge in Tijuana with white flags "of peace" and paying no attention to warnings that this isn't the way they are going to get asylum into the United States.

What's more, they keep giving the game away about coming here only to work.  Their demands to the Mexican cops signal that it's really all about the benefit packages.

Why do I think that?  Start with their demands for housing at no cost to themselves from the Mexicans, as the 150 border-surgers just insisted on.  Seriously, do you ever travel to a foreign city with no money and expect to be housed by the foreigners?  They do.  Note that entitlement mentality.  They show up at a border with no money expecting to get free housing, and then they complain about having to sleep under bleachers instead, and, worse still, having to eat, horrors! Mexican food such as beans and tortillas, which are a form of food that "fit only for pigs," as one Honduran charmer told the cameras earlier.  Note also that if they didn't get all that free housing they expected, then Mexico would be the bad guy because "the world is watching."  Oh, shame, shame!  That'll shake out what they want from the Mexicans, even though, as ordinary Mexicans tell the press, they have a heckuva lot of poor local people residing right now in their country, including in Tijuana.  I've been to one of those places, a place where people lived in tin shacks and cardboard boxes and visited Playas de Tijuana once a year as their big vacation day, without bathing suits or a carried picnic basket solely because they could not afford any.  The rich ones could sometimes afford a watermelon.  I've been to that beach.  Now these foreigners march in and demand free housing?  The Mexicans can only shake their heads at that one.  It's obvious these people were never poor back in Honduras, given their expensive clothes and inflated expectations.  Now they are trying to shake down the Mexicans into providing them with free five-star hotels while they wait for their phony asylum claims to be processed.

More: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/caravan_migrants_play_the_pr_game_shifting_tactics.html

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Caravan migrants play the PR game, shifting tactics
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 12:31:40 am »
"Dumping the Honduran flags, a group of about 150 caravan migrants apparently did a test run for a border surge, swarming the police at a border bridge in Tijuana with white flags "of peace" and paying no attention to warnings that this isn't the way they are going to get asylum into the United States."

It might be time to consider replacing ALL existing bridges into Mexico with drawbridges that can be lifted up or swung wide open in an emergency...

Like this:

Or this:

(btw, I ran trains over this one in South Norwalk, CT, for 32 years)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Caravan migrants play the PR game, shifting tactics
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 12:34:17 am »
Heck yeah...Let them earn the wetback label for real.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.