Author Topic: US leading the charge in pushing back against UN’s migration agenda  (Read 461 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Under the Trump administration, the U.S. is leading the charge in pushing back against the U.N.’s migration agenda -- a move that is picking up support from other countries and giving political cover to those seeking to join them.

The Trump administration announced last December that it would withdraw from the U.N.'s Global Migration Compact -- due to be adopted by an intergovernmental conference in Morocco next month. Then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson argued last year that the compact could undermine America's right to enforce its immigration laws and secure its borders.

“The United States supports international cooperation on migration issues, but it is the primary responsibility of sovereign states to help ensure that migration is safe, orderly, and legal,” Tillerson said.  The U.S. was the first country to withdraw, but it was soon followed by a stream of other countries pulling out of the non-binding compact, officially called the “Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration.” Hungary, Poland, Austria, Australia and Israel have all since announced they will not sign the accord, citing concerns that it will limit the ability of countries to set and enforce their own immigration policies.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-leading-the-charge-against-uns-migration-agenda
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: US leading the charge in pushing back against UN’s migration agenda
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 01:16:46 am »
Praise for Trump from Heritage Foundation for being a leader in this problem.

"James Jay Carafano, a national security analyst at the Heritage Foundation, told Fox News that the U.S. is right to be skeptical of global compacts that may seek to establish broad global norms, like a right to migrate, in part because they can encourage further dangerous migration and international instability.

“I think it’s actually a courageous act of American leadership where America is not just looking out for itself for but the world as a whole,” he said."

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 01:29:49 am »
Are conservatives against globalism or not? No more nonsense. No more dancing around it. Let's leave the U.N.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 01:42:56 am »
Are conservatives against globalism or not? No more nonsense. No more dancing around it. Let's leave the U.N.

Good idea.  It's been a disaster for the U.S. from the beginning and when we leave, let's kick them out of our country.  That'll show 'em.  They'll have to live in their own countries.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 01:49:51 am »
Good idea.  It's been a disaster for the U.S. from the beginning and when we leave, let's kick them out of our country.  That'll show 'em.  They'll have to live in their own countries.

If it were up to me every single person that wasn't born in this country and doesn't make enough to pay federal income taxes would be deported. No more immigrants that are a net loss to the cost of the federal government. If you want to live here you have to add value to our society, no exceptions.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates