Author Topic: Tijuana mayor declares “humanitarian crisis” over migrants  (Read 779 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Washington Post 11/23/2018

The mayor of Tijuana has declared a humanitarian crisis in his border city and says that he has asked the United Nations for aid to deal with the approximately 5,000 Central American migrants who have arrived in the city.

Mayor Juan Manuel Gastelum says that the Mexican federal government has provided little assistance and he is not going to commit the city’s public resources to dealing with the situation.

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/tijuana-mayor-declares-humanitarian-crisis-over-migrants/2018/11/23/ab6db2ce-ef31-11e8-8b47-bd0975fd6199_story.html

Offline dfwgator

Re: Tijuana mayor declares “humanitarian crisis” over migrants
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 04:26:08 pm »
The Mexican government let them in.

It's all on them.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 06:28:13 pm »
The Mexican government let them in.

It's all on them.

And we can't let them pass.

It's still all on Mexico.  They had over 1,000 miles to stop them or spread them out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 07:19:43 pm »

It's still all on Mexico.  They had over 1,000 miles to stop them or spread them out.

Amen!

And a dose of reality for them.  I am sure that in our states we receives at least 5,000 and probably more illegal immigrants every year.  Many from Mexico too.  I am sure that 5,000 people all in a month is pretty hard to handle.  But just as they expect tax payers to take on the burden here in the United States I guess Mexicans should pony up the cash to raise these people because they can't come here.

Their indifference to the burden put on American tax payers for so many years has come back to bite them.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 07:52:01 pm »
I have an acquaintance, named "Manny Gastelum," same as the TJ mayor.

He is a music DJ,  music teacher, musician, music store employee, etc. (plays a mean blues mouth harp)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 08:05:54 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKj8ev4LmB4

Migrants blocking Home Depot parking lot

A whole industry ruined by illegal immigration.  People hiring these illegals do it at their own risk too.  They are not licensed or insured.  The state should be held accountable to stop the practice since construction is regulated by the state.

They work under the table and use the state to take care of their families.

Family Border Crossings Spiked in September: Report

The number of families crossing the southwestern border into the U.S. illegally spiked last month, according to a report in the Washington Post.

Citing an unpublished report from the Department of Homeland Security, which has not released statistics on southwest border apprehensions for the month of September, the Post reports that 16,658 family units were apprehended by agents during that time, up from 12,774 in August. In July, 9,247 family units were arrested, according to government figures.

http://time.com/5427463/southern-border-immigration-numbers-september/

Those numbers are family units.  Divide that by 3 or more and divide it among the states.  Take into account that not all states are equal.  Tax payers in some states are taking on huge burdens every month due to illegal immigrants.  Should the UN help us?

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 08:37:03 pm »

The process has continued unbroken since Pres. Reagan's disastrous 1986 Amnesty.

--Realistic expectation of jobs

--Realistic expecttation of benefits, education

The topic is ever present in AAmerican politics, used by both sides.

Little is done, to change it.

Latest blame lies with Paul Ryan, riding off into the sunset to lobby for$seven figures, per anum.

Trump, Ross Perot and Pat Buchanan are the only figures I recall making bg deals over this.

My own native California voters gave it very good shots, only to have judges and/or democrat adminisstrations oppose the voters' will.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 10:06:39 pm »

888high58888

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 10:56:35 pm »
We paid it forward Mexico by taking yours, not it's your turn.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 11:33:41 pm »
A Fishrrman not-so-fearless prediction:

At some point, expect the first "stampede for freedom" as hundreds, perhaps thousands, attempt to "rush the border" and overwhelm attempts to push them back.

Remember -- once they're "here", once their feet touch American soil, they're "as good as in". At least for the most part.