Author Topic: The most diverse American Rhodes Scholarship winners ever!  (Read 305 times)

Offline endicom

The most diverse American Rhodes Scholarship winners ever!
« on: November 23, 2018, 03:05:05 pm »
American Thinker
Ethel C. Fenig
Nov. 23, 2018

Last week the Rhodes Trust, which administers the Rhodes Scholarships for Americans enabling them to study at Oxford University in England on a full scholarship, announced their 32 American scholarship recipients beginning with the 2019 academic year.  While the winners are most impressive, the first thing one learns about them is not their outstanding academic record and extracurricular accomplishments (ostensibly the reason they were chosen), but the d-word:  Diverse.

That's right, they are diverse.  Yeah, yeah all humans are diverse but not in that oh-so politically correct, affirmative action, identity-identifying, Rhodes Scholarship winner way, if you know what I mean.  And, living in America for the past few decades,  you do know what I mean.  The tone of the announcement is set by opening sentences.

[...]

Thomas Lifson adds: This looks like a raised middle finger aimed at President Trump.

More... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/the_most_diverse_american_rhodes_scholarship_winners_ever.html

Offline endicom

Re: The most diverse American Rhodes Scholarship winners ever!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 03:05:27 pm »

I think Lifson is right. Unless the Rhodes Trust folk realize that Trump is not bigoted but think his supporters are.