Author Topic: Thanks, Judge! Caravan migrants take judicial ruling as green light to enter the U.S. illegally  (Read 613 times)

rangerrebew

November 21, 2018
Thanks, Judge! Caravan migrants take judicial ruling as green light to enter the U.S. illegally
By Monica Showalter

Caravan migrants have heard a lefty judge's ruling to block President Trump's executive order halting asylum claims at the border, and sure enough, are taking it as a 'ready-set-go' opening gun. They're telling the press they're set to illegally enter the U.S. because the penalty for entering illegally is now off, thanks to the Ninth Circuit's lefty Judge Jon S. Tigar. It's just as I suspected would happen yesterday, because people know an incentive when they see one.

According to the Associated Press:

TIJUANA, Mexico (AP) — Migrants camped in Tijuana after traveling in a caravan to reach the U.S were weighing their options Tuesday after a California court blocked President Donald Trump’s asylum ban for illegal border crossers.

...and, buried deep in the piece:

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/thanks_judge_caravan_migrants_take_judicial_ruling_as_green_light_to_enter_the_us_illegally.html#ixzz5XamTgwoZ

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Damn shame there is no practical way to charge him with treason and remove him from the bench. If Trump even tried the DNC would explode with outrage. Which shouldn't surprise anyone given they they are more dedicated to destroying America than Stalin ever was.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Damn shame there is no practical way to charge him with treason and remove him from the bench. If Trump even tried the DNC would explode with outrage. Which shouldn't surprise anyone given they they are more dedicated to destroying America than Stalin ever was.

When the government no longer served its citizens it's time to overthrow it.   Seems extreme but it's in the Constitution.  Illegals are allowed to come and steal identities.  They vote because we no longer verify identity.  Giving themselves the opportunity to turn our country into the shithole they are coming from
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Oceander

November 21, 2018
Thanks, Judge! Caravan migrants take judicial ruling as green light to enter the U.S. illegally
By Monica Showalter

Caravan migrants have heard a lefty judge's ruling to block President Trump's executive order halting asylum claims at the border, and sure enough, are taking it as a 'ready-set-go' opening gun. They're telling the press they're set to illegally enter the U.S. because the penalty for entering illegally is now off, thanks to the Ninth Circuit's lefty Judge Jon S. Tigar. It's just as I suspected would happen yesterday, because people know an incentive when they see one.

According to the Associated Press:

TIJUANA, Mexico (AP) — Migrants camped in Tijuana after traveling in a caravan to reach the U.S were weighing their options Tuesday after a California court blocked President Donald Trump’s asylum ban for illegal border crossers.

...and, buried deep in the piece:

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/thanks_judge_caravan_migrants_take_judicial_ruling_as_green_light_to_enter_the_us_illegally.html#ixzz5XamTgwoZ

Federal law clearly and expressly allows aliens to apply for asylum if they’re in the US regardless of their immigration status.  8 USC sec. 1158.

The judge was doing nothing more than what so many Pharisees on this forum keep claiming they want judges to do: enforcing the law as written and duly enacted by Congress. 

But apparently, when the letter and spirit of the law is contrary to their political views, the law must bend to ideology.  That makes them both hypocrites and liberals. 

Offline skeeter

Federal law clearly and expressly allows aliens to apply for asylum if they’re in the US regardless of their immigration status.  8 USC sec. 1158.

The judge was doing nothing more than what so many Pharisees on this forum keep claiming they want judges to do: enforcing the law as written and duly enacted by Congress. 

But apparently, when the letter and spirit of the law is contrary to their political views, the law must bend to ideology.  That makes them both hypocrites and liberals.

I don't suppose there's a reason you didn't include the 'exceptions' part of that section.

Hypocritical indeed.

Oceander

I don't suppose there's a reason you didn't include the 'exceptions' part of that section.

Hypocritical indeed.

No hypocrisy because the statute says exactly what i said. 

Furthermore, none of the exceptions applies in general.  It’s certainly possible that there are some individuals within the caravan that have applied previously, but they can be weeded out when they apply - that’s part of the purpose of having an application review process - that would be the (a)(2)(C) exception.  The time limit exception clearly doesn’t apply because none of them have entered yet, so the one-year clock hasn’t started running yet - that would be the (a)(2)(B) exception - and the safe third country exception doesn’t apply because that requires several predicates, none of which has occurred, including (i) the existence of a bilateral or multilateral agreement under which the alien can be removed - which cannot apply here because the US only has such an agreement with Canada right now - and (ii) a determination by the Attorney General that the alien in question can be safely removed pursuant to that agreement, which also hasn’t taken place (all we have is a proclamation from the president, which doesn’t count for the statute) and which can’t take place in this case because, as pointed out above, the necessary agreement doesn’t exist with Mexico. 

So, what hypocrisy did I commit in omitting exceptions that do not apply?