Author Topic: The 60s Cat Box... Music Thread  (Read 31222 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: The 60s Cat Box... Music Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2019, 01:35:14 am »
The Beatles  -  I'm Down

The Beatles  -  I Saw Here Standing There

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2019, 04:02:27 am »
Ohh... what a Night !

Includes songs from the 60s and 70s... including a couple of extended plays (woot !)...

4 $ea$on$ - Hits (1991) 320.zip
https://mab.to/5IcLHX8NB

3 Days Only ....

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 04:08:32 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Hoodat

« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2019, 10:43:19 pm »
George Jones  -  The Race is On

Bonus track from the Grateful Dead

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2019, 11:00:43 pm »
George Jones  -  The Race is On

Bonus track from the Grateful Dead

The bigger hit by Jack Jones:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2019, 12:43:38 am »
His family reports that drumming legend Ginger Baker is "gravely ill" at 80 . . .  :0001:

The Graham Bond Organisation, "Neighbour, Neighbour"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Cream, "Sweet Wine" (live performance)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Ginger Baker's Air Force, "Early in the Morning"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2019, 04:37:14 pm »
If there's a pantheon of drummers, Ginger Baker is in it. He transcended being a clock and became part of a song's harmony.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2019, 05:10:08 pm »
If there's a pantheon of drummers, Ginger Baker is in it. He transcended being a clock and became part of a song's harmony.
Which shouldn't surprise anyone who knows one of his drum heroes turned out to be Elvin Jones even before Jones became part of John Coltrane's "Classic Quartet."

The Graham Bond Organisation, "Camels and Elephants"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2019, 05:22:01 pm »
Fifty years ago today . . . they end their recording career together in a blaze of musical glory . . .

The Beatles, Abbey Road

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2019, 08:19:40 am »
Ascot Records was a mid-1960s subsidiary label of United Artists Records in the United States. Most of its releases were directed at teens and young adults with Manfred Mann being Ascot's most successful act. But Ascot was just one of many U.A. sub-labels and by 1968 it was discontinued.

The Best Of Ascot Records 1.zip
https://mab.to/Hi9p03iod

3 Days Only

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #159 on: October 06, 2019, 12:58:37 pm »
Ascot Records was a mid-1960s subsidiary label of United Artists Records in the United States. Most of its releases were directed at teens and young adults with Manfred Mann being Ascot's most successful act. But Ascot was just one of many U.A. sub-labels and by 1968 it was discontinued.

The Best Of Ascot Records 1.zip
https://mab.to/Hi9p03iod

3 Days Only

Haven't heard of most of these artists other than...

Dicky Doo & The Don'ts who also did Teardrops Will Fall:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Group was formed by Gerry Granahan who did No Chemise Please:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Roy Head's backing band, The Traits, were one of the groups who did Harlem Shuffle:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The original Linda Lu by Ray Sharpe:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Madeline Bell-I'm Gonna Make You Love Me:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Velvetones-Glory Of Love:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #160 on: October 06, 2019, 03:12:00 pm »
In memory of Ginger Baker, a titan of 1960s (and beyond) drumming . . .

The Graham Bond Organisation, "Neighbor, Neighbor"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The Graham Bond Organisation, "Camels and Elephants"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Cream, "Sunshine of Your Love"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Cream, "Sweet Wine"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Blind Faith, "Do What You Like"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #161 on: October 06, 2019, 07:51:58 pm »
Looks like I am throwing out some more obscure stuff of late (most with a more 50s sound)... Hope yall don't mind... Easy threw out a name I had to look up (Ginger was a reference to hair color now I see)... but I got to listen to a good drummer (I watched a documentary of sorts on Mr. Baker)... Pookie still amazes me in his ability to connect the dots between groups... Thanks gang...

So hope someone gets a smile out of these lesser known groups with the well loved sound of the previous 50s era... I got a kick out of the Debbie Rollins song (He really loves me)...

The Best Of Ascot Records 2.zip
https://mab.to/TpPujNaX4

3 Days Only ...

« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 09:49:32 pm by Sighlass »

Online corbe

« Reply #162 on: October 06, 2019, 08:48:06 pm »
Zombies - Time Of The Season HD

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #163 on: October 06, 2019, 09:29:36 pm »
Chambers Brothers  -  Time Has Come Today

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #164 on: October 06, 2019, 09:39:42 pm »
   This is harder than The @EasyAce Music Thread @Hoodat

Rolling Stone ~ Time Is On My Side

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2019, 09:47:12 pm »
The Kinks  -  Where Have All the Good Times Gone

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #166 on: October 06, 2019, 09:55:52 pm »
Glen Campbell, Willie Nelson - Funny (How Time Slips Away)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #167 on: October 06, 2019, 10:01:39 pm »
Looks like I am throwing out some more obscure stuff of late (most with a more 50s sound)... Hope yall don't mind... Easy threw out a name I had to look up (Ginger was a reference to hair color now I see)... but I got to listen to a good drummer (I watched a documentary of sorts on Mr. Baker)... Pookie still amazes me in his ability to connect the dots between groups... Thanks gang...

So hope someone gets a smile out of these lesser known groups with the well loved sound of the previous 50s era... I got a kick out of the Debbie Rollins song (He really loves me)...

The Best Of Ascot Records 2.zip
https://mab.to/TpPujNaX4

3 Days Only ...

Angels-Thank You & Goodnight:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Tempos-See You In September:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Echoes-Baby Blue:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Eddie Holman-This Can't Be True:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Eddie Holman-Hey There Lonely Girl:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The latter covered the original by Ruby & The Romantics:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2019, 10:17:34 pm »
Glen Campbell, Willie Nelson - Funny (How Time Slips Away)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

3 other versions from the 60s...

Jimmy Elledge:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Johnny Tillotson:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Joe Hinton:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online Hoodat

« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2019, 10:24:57 pm »
The Doors  -  Love Me Two Times

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@Hoodat I struggled with correcting that link so I changed it, kept it clean.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 10:43:06 pm by corbe »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2019, 10:36:52 pm »
The Beatles ~ Any Time At All (Remastered 2009)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2019, 11:20:56 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The latter came up on Pandora this PM when I was at the gym.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2019, 12:27:34 am »
@Hoodat I struggled with correcting that link so I changed it, kept it clean.

Thank you, sir.

Bob Dylan  -  The Times They Are a Changing

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2019, 12:45:12 am »
The Outsiders - Time Won´t Let Me (1966)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online Hoodat

« Reply #174 on: October 07, 2019, 12:52:34 am »
Crosby Stills and Nash  -  Long Time Gone

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-