Author Topic: Country star Kris Kristofferson quietly bows out  (Read 998 times)

Offline libertybele

Country star Kris Kristofferson quietly bows out
« on: January 30, 2021, 12:38:54 am »
How quickly time passes is an understatement -- I can't believe he's 84! 

Country star Kris Kristofferson quietly bows out

Country singer-songwriter Kris Kristofferson has quietly retired from touring after more than 50 years in the music business.

The news, buried in a news release earlier this week, comes a year after the “Me and Bobby McGee” singer played his last gig on the Outlaw Country Cruise in the Caribbean in January 2020.

As the coronavirus pandemic shuttered live music venues last year, Kristofferson’s decision not to return to the road felt natural, his longtime manager Tamara Saviano told Variety on Thursday.

“It was just sort of a slow changing of the guard thing,” Saviano said. “To us on this side of the fence it was an organic, normal, ‘things are changing’ thing. Kris is aging; Kris is 84. It didn’t feel like such big news to us.”

The announcement came in a news release that said a new management company would represent Kristofferson’s business affairs, alongside his son John, after Kristofferson “offically retired in 2020.”

Kristofferson rose to fame in the 1970s in Nashville and wrote classics including “Help Me Make it Through the Night” and “For the Good Times.”

He was also a sought-after actor, winning a Golden Globe for his lead role in the 1976 version of “A Star is Born” opposite Barbra Streisand..........

https://www.oann.com/country-star-kris-kristofferson-quietly-bows-out/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Re: Country star Kris Kristofferson quietly bows out
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 12:43:39 am »
Just love his voice!!! Sad to see him retire; it reminds me how I am aging as well.  Here's to his retirement!                                                                                                            :beer:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vBbeyOC_ZQ
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 12:46:47 am »
YEP! One of the most prolific songwriters of all time... Gordon Lightfoot being another...

That's gonna leave a mark.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 12:47:20 am »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 03:53:58 am »
Watch Closely Now

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-