Author Topic: Israeli minister says Trump peace plan a 'waste of time'  (Read 480 times)

Online corbe

Israeli minister says Trump peace plan a 'waste of time'
« on: November 21, 2018, 07:19:59 pm »
Israeli minister says Trump peace plan a 'waste of time'

5 hrs ago

Israeli Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked gives a statement at the Knesset in Jerusalem on November 19, 2018© Provided by AFP Israeli Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked gives a statement at the Knesset in Jerusalem on November 19, 2018
A senior Israeli minister said Wednesday that US President Donald Trump's long-awaited plan for peace with the Palestinians was "a waste of time".

"I think that the gap between the Israelis and Palestinians is much too big to be bridged," Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked said at a conference organised by the Jerusalem Post newspaper.

"I think personally it's a waste of time," she said when asked what she thought about the peace initiative Trump is expected to unveil in the weeks or months ahead.

Shaked is part of the far-right Jewish Home party, a key member of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's coalition.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/israeli-minister-says-trump-peace-plan-a-waste-of-time/ar-BBPWPPm?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Israeli minister says Trump peace plan a 'waste of time'
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 11:44:56 pm »
OF COURSE it's "a waste of time".

ANY "plan for peace" between Israel and the palis is a waste, because the palis have never WANTED the possibility of "peace" with Israel.

The only thing they want is for "Israel" to be wiped off the map.

[expletive deleted] 'em!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 12:21:23 am »
Someone should tell Ms. Shaked that Israel is not the only country in the Middle East.  There's another one right close by called Iran.  Under President Trump the US is building a bridge between the Saudis, Jordanians and Israelis in support of the isolation of the Iranian regime to give the Iranian "rebels" a chance.

Ms. Shaked would do well to remember the Saudis and Jordanians want the Israeli/Palestinian "issue" settled and have been involved in the crafting of the next round of negotiations.

The less said at this point, Ms. Shaked, the better for all, including Israel.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 12:30:46 am »

I think we're doing here what I thought we were doing with the Norks. Take things step-by-step in making some mandatory offers while preparing for what will be necessary when the offers are refused. With that we can't be accused of not having tried for a reasonable peace deal.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 12:32:39 am »
Someone should tell Ms. Shaked that Israel is not the only country in the Middle East.  There's another one right close by called Iran.  Under President Trump the US is building a bridge between the Saudis, Jordanians and Israelis in support of the isolation of the Iranian regime to give the Iranian "rebels" a chance.

Ms. Shaked would do well to remember the Saudis and Jordanians want the Israeli/Palestinian "issue" settled and have been involved in the crafting of the next round of negotiations.

The less said at this point, Ms. Shaked, the better for all, including Israel.

However...

The Palestinians have already vowed to block Trump's peace plan and severed ties with his administration after his December decision to move the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem and declare the city Israel's capital.

So, I can understand why she has the opinion she does.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 12:33:40 am »
The Israeli Sarah Palin, maybe... but I don't think her office, Justice minister, gives her great insight nor authority into the situation. Secular hero to the far-right there. Out of her league per commenting.