Author Topic: St. Louis: House Springs mother of 3 killed in Catholic Supply shooting was active in church, sang i  (Read 552 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
House Springs mother of 3 killed in Catholic Supply shooting was active in church, sang in choir
By Christine Byers,
Denise Hollinshed and Kim Bell St. Louis Post-Dispatch

ST. LOUIS COUNTY • A House Springs woman killed by a gunman at a Catholic Supply store in St. Louis County was active in her church choir and may have been at the store to buy supplies to make rosaries for fellow parishioners.

Police identified the woman killed as Jamie Schmidt, 53, a customer at the store where the gunman sexually assaulted at least one person before opening fire and then disappearing Monday afternoon.

Schmidt, a mother of three, belonged to St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church in High Ridge, and a fellow parishioner there said she may have been at the store to buy religious items for a project to crochet rosaries for others in her parish.

! No longer available

Read more at: https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/house-springs-mother-of-killed-in-catholic-supply-shooting-was/article_64ae1cf7-5113-514e-afa7-fdf439c8235b.html

Just heard about this. Terrible story. My prayers for those affected.

Shooter is on the loose from my understanding of the story.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 06:10:22 pm by TomSea »

Offline goatprairie

Shooter has been captured. If I were in charge, the hanging would take place tomorrow.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Here we go again, I don't care to look up the stories, he, Thomas Bruce,  had a "Don't Tread On Me" Gadsden flag outside of his house. his motor home which actually looked pretty nice,  allegedly, no trouble with the law ever, claims to have gone to the Trump rally in Cape Girardeau of a few weeks ago.  Then, allegedly, did jail house ministries and did some work for a Jewish community center. So, this guy really snapped. It sounds like they are looking at him for those two killings of teenage girls in Indiana in about the last 3 years though, nothing ties him to those now.

https://patch.com/missouri/clayton-richmondheights/man-charged-catholic-supply-sex-assault-killing