Author Topic: Marcia Fudge, potential speaker candidate, backs Nancy Pelosi for the job  (Read 236 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Marcia Fudge, potential speaker candidate, backs Nancy Pelosi for the job
by Laura Barrón-López
 | November 20, 2018 05:47 PM

Nancy Pelosi has picked off a Democrat critical to the insurgent movement against her, brokering an apparent deal with Rep. Marcia Fudge of Ohio in exchange for her support.

Pelosi promised Fudge the chairmanship of a House Administration subcommittee on elections when Democrats take the majority next year, and like clockwork, Fudge released an statement of support for Pelosi seconds later.

“Last week, I announced that I was strongly considering a run for speaker of the House," Fudge wrote in a statement Tuesday. "I now join my colleagues in support of the leadership team of Pelosi, [Steny] Hoyer and [Jim] Clyburn."

Hoyer is running for the majority leader spot and Clyburn for the majority whip position. Pelosi assured Fudge that she would have the ability to ensure protections under the Voting Rights Act would "be reinstated and improved."

"She has also assured me that the most loyal voting bloc in the Democratic party, Black women, will have a seat at the decision-making table," Fudge said, one day after a faction she helped create released a letter vowing to oppose Pelosi on the floor

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/marcia-fudge-potential-speaker-candidate-backs-nancy-pelosi-for-the-job
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34