Author Topic: Ivanka Trump used private email account to discuss official White House business  (Read 12999 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Frank is usually so disagreeable.  I'm trying to think of a way to take advantage of this moment.

@RoosGirl

I shouldn't tip you off,but it's a trap.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Ivanka Trump's lawyer says she is NOT like Hillary Clinton - despite first daughter using personal email to send HUNDREDS of White House messages.

Technically true, unless she used a Trump Org server in her closet, then had it wiped with a cloth.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
LOL!  As if....    Both you and 'Frank' shit on every thread with your stupid bantering.

The only reason they're making a BFD out of this is because AG Whitaker is going to finally investigate Clinton and their fraudulent Foundation.

They want to create the impression that this is the same 'crime' as Hillary's.

@DCPatriot

Add,"plus it is a way to rattle Trump's cage and maybe get him to make a mistake".and you got it.

NOTHING works like going after someone's children to make them lose their temper and embarrass themselves.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl

Why are you so obviously jealous of her?

Sorry, you lost me Pete. Who am I jealous of?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She's not an official member of the government though and she seems to be deeply involved in government matters.

@Dexter

To her they are family matters. AFAIK,she is NOT dealing with anything classified.

I personally want to see her out of there because she represents a way for the left to get under Trump's skin over nothing,and make him lose his cool. An unnecessary distraction.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Nothing here. Administration officials past used their personal email accounts – Colin Powell for example. No one ever said a word.

Attacking Ivanka in this way is merely an attempt to draw comparisons where none exists between Trump and Hillary. Another media fail.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Technically true, unless she used a Trump Org server in her closet, then had it wiped with a cloth.

I don't believe it is the same but I don't excuse her either.  Trump and his liberals in the White House cause their own grief.  This gives fuel to Democrats to stop any further investigation of Hillary.

Almost every problem he has had in the White House has come from his own hires and family.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL!  As if....    Both you and 'Frank' shit on every thread with your stupid bantering.

The only reason they're making a BFD out of this is because AG Whitaker is going to finally investigate Clinton and their fraudulent Foundation.

They want to create the impression that this is the same 'crime' as Hillary's.

Create an impression? Her GD father ran on Hitlary and the Email nonsense as an issue for crying out loud. Also this up tight whore Ivanka is not only Wharton educated but has/had a multi million dollar shoe business. One can guess that she might not be stupid, but I could be wrong. With all that factored in Ivanka STILL uses a shady communications system for govt' work.

If the move to go after the abuses of Hitlary derail because of assured mass destruction it will be Ivanka's fault for being involved in sloppy incompetent work that would get most people fired and it will be Donny's fault for having this jackass moron Ivanka doing anything above vacuuming and laundry.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nothing here. Administration officials past used their personal email accounts – Colin Powell for example. No one ever said a word.

Attacking Ivanka in this way is merely an attempt to draw comparisons where none exists between Trump and Hillary. Another media fail.

With full backing of the dishonest press the Rats will push this.   But it will go nowhere in the end.  Just take air time that could be used on the illegal invasion and other such matters of real concern.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 20, 2018
Giant media 'gotcha' over Ivanka Trump using personal email account for government business
By Thomas Lifson

It's hard to understand why Ivanka Trump, who heard crowds at her father's rallies chant "Lock her up!" over Hillary Clinton's email abuses, would not be punctilious over discussing government business in a personal email account.  By forgetting that not only Caesar's wife, but Caesar's daughter must be above suspicion, she handed her father's opposition a giant talking point.  The Washington Post, the community newspaper of The Swamp, got the scoop from some of its many sources in the federal bureaucracy:

Ivanka Trump sent hundreds of emails last year to White House aides, Cabinet officials and her assistants using a personal account, many of them in violation of federal records rules, according to people familiar with a White House examination of her correspondence.

White House ethics officials learned of Trump's repeated use of personal email when reviewing emails gathered last fall by five Cabinet agencies to respond to a public records lawsuit.  That review revealed that throughout much of 2017, she often discussed or relayed official White House business using a private email account with a domain that she shares with her husband, Jared Kushner.

Cue Democrats chanting, "Lock her up!"

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/giant_media_gotcha_over_ivanka_trump_using_personal_email_account_for_government_business.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Frank Cannon

November 20, 2018
Giant media 'gotcha' over Ivanka Trump using personal email account for government business
By Thomas Lifson

It's hard to understand why Ivanka Trump, who heard crowds at her father's rallies chant "Lock her up!" over Hillary Clinton's email abuses, would not be punctilious over discussing government business in a personal email account.  By forgetting that not only Caesar's wife, but Caesar's daughter must be above suspicion, she handed her father's opposition a giant talking point.  The Washington Post, the community newspaper of The Swamp, got the scoop from some of its many sources in the federal bureaucracy:

Ivanka Trump sent hundreds of emails last year to White House aides, Cabinet officials and her assistants using a personal account, many of them in violation of federal records rules, according to people familiar with a White House examination of her correspondence.

White House ethics officials learned of Trump's repeated use of personal email when reviewing emails gathered last fall by five Cabinet agencies to respond to a public records lawsuit.  That review revealed that throughout much of 2017, she often discussed or relayed official White House business using a private email account with a domain that she shares with her husband, Jared Kushner.

Cue Democrats chanting, "Lock her up!"

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/giant_media_gotcha_over_ivanka_trump_using_personal_email_account_for_government_business.html

I agree.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cummings to revive White House email use inquiry after Ivanka Trump disclosure, aide says

Washington (CNN)Ivanka Trump's use of a private email account will soon face new scrutiny on Capitol Hill, with a key House committee planning to probe whether President Donald Trump's daughter and senior adviser violated the law when conducting government business.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee plans to revive efforts in the new Congress to look into the White House's use of private emails amid reports that Ivanka Trump used her personal account through much of 2017 to trade messages with Cabinet officials, White House aides and other government employees.

The likely incoming Democratic chairman of the committee, Elijah Cummings of Maryland, plans to renew efforts to look into private emails next year after the Republican-controlled panel dropped its investigation into the matter when a separate controversy arose last year, according to a Cummings aide.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/politics/house-oversight-committee-ivanka-trump-emails/index.html
Support the USO

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Not an Ivanka fan but this is not a huge scandal.  One would think the dems would be reluctant to bring up e-mail scandals.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

Not an Ivanka fan but this is not a huge scandal.  One would think the dems would be reluctant to bring up e-mail scandals.

Ivanka’s second month in the White House on a basically no show job, sending emails about scheduling the kids’ trip to Mar-a-Lago.

Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State, discussing secret locations in Iraq on a home brewed server in her bathroom closet.

Both wrong. But are we really so naïve as to believe there’s a comparison?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alan Dershowitz: Criticism of Ivanka Trump's private email use is 'hypocrisy on parade'
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/alan-dershowitz-criticism-of-ivanka-trumps-private-email-use-is-hypocrisy-on-parade
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
With all the Hillary, State Department, FBI, and others in government using gmail to circumvent monitoring, I thought the Democrats already said that this is perfectly fine, and that it does not constitute a security risk.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
LOL!   

...but the 'natives' are certainly restless, aren't they?    :laugh:

The NTers will jump on anything and now they have taken @Frank Cannon hostage.

We need to get him free.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Ivanka’s second month in the White House on a basically no show job, sending emails about scheduling the kids’ trip to Mar-a-Lago.

Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State, discussing secret locations in Iraq on a home brewed server in her bathroom closet.

Only if you're a Never Trumper (any Trump) or a Hillary fan @aligncare

Offline RoosGirl

Yes.  We're also supposed to be so naive as to believe that Ivanka thought it was a-okay to use private email for government business.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

We need to get him free.

Free Frank cannon.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline aligncare

Yes.  We're also supposed to be so naive as to believe that Ivanka thought it was a-okay to use private email for government business.

Colin Powell, in a much more sensitive position than Ivanka’s, thought it was okay.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Its all strange.  To me it is as if a script has been written.  It was just the other day pit bull Graham was going to go backwards and revisit Hillary and her emails.  Insert Ivanka to save the day for Hill.  Of course you couldn't with all seriousness revisit Hillary's emails.  At least not without muddied waters.  It a soap opera.  I swear it is scripted because the timing could not have been more perfect.  And Ivanka seems like a smart liberal woman.  Not smart enough to know you don't do official business on private email?  Don't believe it.

Problem is do they really want to pursue this when Hillary has done 10X? I hope the Dems do make this a capital offense.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

We need to get him free.

I disagree.