Author Topic: Ivanka Trump used private email account to discuss official White House business  (Read 12901 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ivanka Trump used private email account to discuss official White House business
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | November 19, 2018 07:36 PM

White House senior adviser and first daughter Ivanka Trump used a private email account with a domain that she and her husband Jared Kushner shared to communicate with White House aides, Cabinet officials, and others about official business, according to a report Monday.

Trump used the account to send hundreds of emails and often broke federal records rules for a significant portion of 2017, a White House review of her correspondence revealed, the Washington Post reports.

Trump and Kushner established personal emails in December 2016 with a domain of “ijkfamily.com” through a Microsoft system, which stores the emails. She used the account to share information on government policies and official business less than 100 times, usually in response to administration officials who contacted her first via the personal email address.

She also sent hundreds of emails concerning her official work schedule and travel details to herself and personal assistants, potentially violating federal records rules.

The revelation caught some advisers to President Trump off guard, and were similarly surprised when Ivanka Trump said she was unaware of some of the specifics of the rules. After she informed White House lawyers of this issue, the White House found that Ivanka Trump had not been getting information from the White House about using private emails.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ivanka-trump-used-private-email-account-to-discuss-official-white-house-business
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Is Michelle pissed that Ivanka called Hillary for advice instead of her?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 03:29:22 am by RoosGirl »

Offline libertybele

Jared and Ivanka should have been shown the door long ago; this is a complete disaster.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

According to Ivanka's attorney and ethics counsel, Abbe Lowell, Ivanka did use her personal email address during the transition period before she was made aware of the rules.

But here's the difference between Hillary and Ivanka:

Ivanka has never served in public office before so she had no idea about the legal ramifications of what she was doing. Hillary has served in many, many government capacities. She knew full well what she was doing.

Ivanka's emails never contained classified information. They were almost always about her family's scheduling. Hillary's emails contained classified information that she knew was classified. How could she miss the giant "CLASSIFIED" word at the top of the document?

Ivanka never deleted any of her emails. She handed them over so they could be archived with other White House documents. Hillary's team deleted over 30,000 emails when Congress launched an investigation into the matter.

Ivanka's team admitted she used the email before she knew what the rules were. They took ownership. Hillary's team denied what happened. Then when that failed, they pointed the finger at others.

See the difference?

Take note, WaPo. Take note.

More:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2018/11/19/wapo-attempts-to-draw-parallels-between-ivanka-and-hillarys-emails-but-its-st-n2536239

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Jared and Ivanka should have been shown the door long ago; this is a complete disaster.

Ivanka's level of involvement is definitely a bit strange.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

In a statement to Fox News, Peter Mirijanian, the spokesperson for Trump's ethics lawyer Abbe Lowell, dismissed any comparisons to the Hillary Clinton email scandal that engulfed the 2016 presidential campaign.

"To address misinformation being peddled about Ms. Trump’s personal email, she did not create a private server in her house or office, there was never classified information transmitted, the account was never transferred or housed at Trump Organization, no emails were ever deleted, and the emails have been retained in the official account in conformity with records preservation laws and rules," Mirijanian said.

He added: "When concerns were raised in the press 14 months ago, Ms. Trump reviewed and verified her email use with White House Counsel and explained the issue to congressional leaders." Mirijanian told the Post that Trump had used a personal account prior to being briefed on ethics rules.

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ivanka-trumps-lawyer-slams-misinformation-being-peddled-after-report-that-she-used-private-email-for-government-business

When concerns were raised in the press 14 months ago, ...

This is another recycled "story", folks.

Offline RoosGirl

But here's the difference between Hillary and Ivanka:

Ivanka has never served in public office before so she had no idea about the legal ramifications of what she was doing.

Sorry, calling bullshit on that.  If you watched the news just once in 2015 you know about setting up private email accounts while serving at the pleasure of POTUS.

Sorry, calling bullshit on that.  If you watched the news just once in 2015 you know about setting up private email accounts while serving at the pleasure of POTUS.

Call bullshit all you want ... this is a recycled story designed to get those who do not like the President all lathered up.   It's also a preemptive strike against coming after Hillary.

All the rules were subsequently followed, no emails were confidential in content, no emails were destroyed and all are stored in government servers.

Offline Frank Cannon

I agree.

Offline Frank Cannon

Call bullshit all you want ... this is a recycled story designed to get those who do not like the President all lathered up.   It's also a preemptive strike against coming after Hillary.

All the rules were subsequently followed, no emails were confidential in content, no emails were destroyed and all are stored in government servers.

I agree.

Offline RoosGirl

Please do get all lathered up defending Ivanka, though.  I like it.

Offline Dexter

Do you think it's at all weird how involved she is? It almost seems like she's a high level government official and not just the president's daughter.
-Socrates

Offline Frank Cannon

I agree.

Offline RoosGirl

Do you think it's at all weird how involved she is? It almost seems like she's a high level government official and not just the president's daughter.

You've been around here long enough to know that of course she doesn't think it's weird.

Offline Dexter

You've been around here long enough to know that of course she doesn't think it's weird.

It was a rhetorical question, and apparently I hadn't been around long enough to know she's female.  :laugh:
-Socrates

Offline Frank Cannon

It was a rhetorical question, and apparently I hadn't been around long enough to know she's female.  :laugh:

I agree.

Offline Dexter

I agree.

Damn trolls. Get outta here Frank!

22222frying pan
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

Damn trolls. Get outta here Frank!

22222frying pan

You can't chase the Forum Ambassador away.  I'm pretty sure the UN police will arrest you for that.

Offline Frank Cannon

You can't chase the Forum Ambassador away.  I'm pretty sure the UN police will arrest you for that.

I agree.

I'm simply presenting facts.  I'll offer no apology if this bursts your hate bubble; nor will I engage in your usual change the subject tactics. 

But do carry on, if you like.    :shrug: 

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm simply presenting facts.  I'll offer no apology if this bursts your hate bubble; nor will I engage in your usual change the subject tactics. 

I agree.

Offline RoosGirl

I changed the subject from Ivanka?  Not really.  I think it's hilarious that they're basically claiming that Ivanka is too stupid to know that she shouldn't be using private emails.  She did push all that commie pinko crap during daddy's acceptance, so probably she is.

Anywho, doesn't matter how old the story is, I'm only commenting on that one portion of it, but if I were Ivanka there's no way I would let them claim the reason I did something stupid was because I was stupid.

Offline Frank Cannon

I changed the subject from Ivanka?  Not really.  I think it's hilarious that they're basically claiming that Ivanka is too stupid to know that she shouldn't be using private emails.  She did push all that commie pinko crap during daddy's acceptance, so probably she is.

Anywho, doesn't matter how old the story is, I'm only commenting on that one portion of it, but if I were Ivanka there's no way I would let them claim the reason I did something stupid was because I was stupid.

I agree.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Ivanka's level of involvement is definitely a bit strange.

Its all strange.  To me it is as if a script has been written.  It was just the other day pit bull Graham was going to go backwards and revisit Hillary and her emails.  Insert Ivanka to save the day for Hill.  Of course you couldn't with all seriousness revisit Hillary's emails.  At least not without muddied waters.  It a soap opera.  I swear it is scripted because the timing could not have been more perfect.  And Ivanka seems like a smart liberal woman.  Not smart enough to know you don't do official business on private email?  Don't believe it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.