Author Topic: Bill Nelson takes shots at Donald Trump in concession to Rick Scott  (Read 264 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By James Varney - The Washington Times - Sunday, November 18, 2018

Following a protracted recount battle, three-term incumbent Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson conceded Sunday, acknowledging GOPGov. Rick Scott has been elected to replace him in January.

“Well, things worked out a little differently than Grace and I had hoped,” Mr. Nelson’s statement read. “But let me say, I by no measure feel defeated. And that’s because I have had the privilege of serving the people of Florida and our country for most of my life.”

As he left the political stage, Mr. Nelson, 76, also took a parting shot at President Trump.

“We have to move beyond a politics that aims not just to defeat but to destroy,” Mr. Nelson’s said. “Where truth is treated as disposable, where falsehoods abound, and the free press is assaulted as the ‘enemy of the people.’”

A concession appeared to be looming Sunday morning when Mr. Nelson announced he would be making a statement at 3 p.m. eastern time, but shortly before that Mr. Scott’s campaign said the two politicians had spoken.

“I just spoke with Senator Bill Nelson, who graciously conceded, and I thanked him for his years of public service,” Mr. Scott said.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/18/bill-nelson-concedes-rick-scott-florida-senate-rac/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Bill Nelson takes shots at Donald Trump in concession to Rick Scott
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 11:30:43 pm »
“We have to move beyond a politics that aims not just to defeat but to destroy,” Mr. Nelson’s said. “Where truth is treated as disposable, where falsehoods abound, and the free press is assaulted as the ‘enemy of the people.’”

More projection from another rat.

Its hard to believe they can't recognize themselves reflected in their criticism of others.