Author Topic: Gorka: John F. Kennedy wouldn't be allowed in Democratic Party  (Read 802 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Gorka: John F. Kennedy wouldn't be allowed in Democratic Party
« on: November 18, 2018, 07:54:25 pm »
By John Bowden - 11/18/18 07:01 AM EST

Share to Twitter

© Greg Nash

Former White House aide Sebastian Gorka took aim at Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and progressive members of the Democratic Party in a new interview, asserting that former President Kennedy would not be welcome in the modern-day incarnation of his party.

In an interview airing Sunday on AM 970 in New York, Gorka tells "The Answer" host John Catsimatidis that a "hardcore, pro-nationalist" such as Kennedy would be unwelcome in the party.

"Today, a hardcore, pro-nationalist politician like John F. Kennedy would not be allowed in the Democrat party. That’s how bad it is," Gorka says, adding: “The lunatics are taking over the asylum ... Bill Clinton and his ilk would at least rein in the loonies."

More at: https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/417282-gorka-john-f-kennedy-wouldnt-be-allowed-in-democratic-party

Someone might have posted this already, that phrase "lunatics running the asylum" was in one of these stories this morning.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Gorka: John F. Kennedy wouldn't be allowed in Democratic Party
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 08:45:57 pm »
Reagan would be chased out of today's Republican party with torches and pitchforks. Both sides have shifted quite a lot.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 12:20:46 am »
Reagan would be chased out of today's Republican party with torches and pitchforks. Both sides have shifted quite a lot.

I've known about how JFK would have been treated by the Rats since McGovern in '72.  Others who are older than I would likely peg that to the '68 Rat Convention in Chicago.

As for Reagan?  That's BS.  You've read too many angry TBR threads about the Trump Wars.  He was the perfect medicine to pull the country out of the Carter created trainwreck we were living through in 1980.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Dexter

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 12:37:56 am »
I've known about how JFK would have been treated by the Rats since McGovern in '72.  Others who are older than I would likely peg that to the '68 Rat Convention in Chicago.

As for Reagan?  That's BS.  You've read too many angry TBR threads about the Trump Wars.  He was the perfect medicine to pull the country out of the Carter created trainwreck we were living through in 1980.

Immigration is the big issue today. He's also made uncomfortable statements about assault rifles. I don't think he'd make the cut these days.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 12:38:27 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 12:41:43 am »

Maybe not, but he would certainly be allowed to vote. He has voted many times since his death.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 12:53:40 am »
Immigration is the big issue today. He's also made uncomfortable statements about assault rifles. I don't think he'd make the cut these days.

You are assuming he would make the same decisions today that he made almost 40 years ago.  I wouldn't do that, it's a fallacy.  Times change, people change, and you are referring to something that he did say was one of his biggest mistakes (the biggest being he believed Rats would give him spending cuts in exchange for a tax increase).

Stop listening to people who claim the GOP has become hopelessly reactive.  It's wrong.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 12:57:49 am »
You are assuming he would make the same decisions today that he made almost 40 years ago.  I wouldn't do that, it's a fallacy.  Times change, people change, and you are referring to something that he did say was one of his biggest mistakes (the biggest being he believed Rats would give him spending cuts in exchange for a tax increase).

That's fair I guess. It'd be interesting to see how he'd do these days.
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 01:24:17 am »
That's fair I guess. It'd be interesting to see how he'd do these days.

The world is not static, it's dynamic.  And yes, it would be interesting, but it's impossible to know for sure.
I will NOT comply.