Author Topic: Stacey Abrams refuses to call GOP opponent a legitimate governor after 'tainted' election  (Read 371 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stacey Abrams refuses to call GOP opponent a legitimate governor after 'tainted' election
by Naomi Lim
 | November 18, 2018 10:29 AM

Print this article

Former Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams refused Sunday to call Republican opponent Brian Kemp a "legitimate" governor-elect after a bitter contest marred by legal fights over voter suppression.

"When he takes the oath of office he will be the legal governor of the state of Georgia, he is the legal victor," Abrams said during an interview with CNN's "State of the Union." "What you are looking to me to say is that there was no compromise of our democracy and that there should be some political compromise in the language I use, and that's not right."

"What's not right is saying that something was done properly when it was not," she continued. "I will never deny the legal premature that says he is in this position, and I pray for his success. But will I say that this election was not tainted, was not a disinvestment and disenfranchisement of thousands of voters? I will not say that."

Abrams withdrew from the close contest last week against Kemp, the former secretary of state of Georgia, but declined to categorize her farewell address as a "concession speech." Abrams also said she would file a lawsuit to challenge the way Georgia's election process is conducted.

On Sunday, she pushed back against critics who said she was undermining the election as many Democrats claim President Trump has done with his comments about voter fraud in Florida. "My accusations are based entirely on evidence," Abrams said.

Abrams vowed to return to public life after she recovers from the bruising 2018 cycle, but did not specify whether a 2020 campaign for the U.S. Senate was a possibility.

"I'm going to spend the next year as a private citizen but I do, indeed, intend to run for office again," she said. "I'm not sure for what and I'm not exactly certain when. I need to take a nap but, once I do, I plan to get back in the ring."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/stacey-abrams-refuses-to-call-gop-opponent-a-legitimate-governor-after-tainted-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

"I'm going to spend the next year as a private citizen but I do, indeed, intend to run for office again," she said. "I'm not sure for what and I'm not exactly certain when. I need to take a nap but, once I do, I plan to get back in the ring."

I hear Oconee County is looking for an assistant building inspector. Good luck with that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Take a nap?"  She really said that.  **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Having this as a sub category at this date is a PIA.

Can't somebody just 'pin' it?

:shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Having this as a sub category at this date is a PIA.

Can't somebody just 'pin' it?

:shrug:

Barring unforeseen complications, I'd expect this to happen around Tuesday with the final State Canvasser report calling the Nelson.Scott race in FL.  The counting is over, but nothing's official until the report.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: