Author Topic: Trump: John Kelly sticking around until 2020 not a sure thing  (Read 282 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: John Kelly sticking around until 2020 not a sure thing
« on: November 18, 2018, 04:57:47 pm »
Trump: John Kelly sticking around until 2020 not a sure thing
by Daniel Chaitin
 | November 18, 2018 10:59 AM

Print this article

President Trump wouldn't say for sure that White House chief of staff John Kelly will remain in his current role through 2020.

Back in July, Kelly told colleagues that Trump had asked him to stay on through the next presidential election.

But when pressed about it on this week's "Fox News Sunday," following reports of another impending upheaval in the Trump administration, the president indicated that Kelly's exit could come sooner.

"We — I wouldn’t — look, we get along well," Trump told host Chris Wallace when asked about 2020. "There are certain things I love what he does. And there are certain things that I don’t like that he does, that aren’t his strength. It’s not that he doesn’t do — you know he works so hard. He’s doing an excellent job in many ways. There are a couple of things where it’s just not his strength. It’s not his fault, it’s not his strength."

Trump wouldn't comment on specific qualms related to Kelly, noting that his chief of staff at "some point, is going to want to move on," but also suggested 2020 "could happen."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-john-kelly-sticking-around-until-2020-not-a-sure-thing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34