Author Topic: Trump considering changes at 'three or four or five' Cabinet positions  (Read 468 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump considering changes at 'three or four or five' Cabinet positions
By Brett Samuels - 11/18/18 09:17 AM EST

President Trump said Sunday he's considering making a change to as many as five Cabinet positions amid speculation that Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Kirstjen Nielsen and White House chief of staff John Kelly could depart imminently.

"I have three or four or five positions that I’m thinking about. Of that, maybe it’s going to end up being two. But I need flexibility," Trump said of Nielsen in an interview on "Fox News Sunday."

The president indicated he was disappointed with Nielsen's handling of the southern border, which has been a source of tension for the two.

"I like her very much I respect her very much I’d like her to be much together on the border. Much tougher. Period," Trump said.

The president downplayed multiple reports of a rift between him and Kelly, but suggested that it's no longer a guarantee that the chief of staff will remain with the White House through the 2020 election.

"We get along well," Trump said of Kelly. "There are certain things I love what he does, and there are certain things I don’t like that he does that aren’t his strength."

"I haven’t even thought about John in terms of this," he added. "But John at some point is going to want to move on."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/417302-trump-says-hes-considering-changes-at-three-or-four-or-five
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Trump considering changes at 'three or four or five' Cabinet positions
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 03:33:33 pm »
With all the turnover his administration has had, does that mean he "doesn't hire the best?"
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 08:26:11 am »
Good idea.  They are too blind to leave on their own.

https://twitter.com/george_capen/status/1064374730172510208
George Capen #VeteransResist @george_capen

Just watched the 40th anniversary "Jonestown: Terror in the Jungle" documentary. 3 key lessons:
1. The leader's top aides are extremely loyal to the bitter end.
2. The demagogue becomes fatally dangerous as the walls close in.
3. 10% of the cult are stuck and want help to escape.
8:28 PM - 18 Nov 2018

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 08:46:22 am »
With this kind of churn rate, he might want to consider starting a reality TV show.  White House Survivor or POTUS: Apprentice?

Seriously though, with this kind of management skill, I can see this guy getting filthy rich -- as long as every time he screws up he can just toss it off and declare bankruptcy.   
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.