Author Topic: Fathers of 3 Green Berets Killed in Jordan File Lawsuit Alleging Cover-Up  (Read 373 times)

rangerrebew

Fathers of 3 Green Berets Killed in Jordan File Lawsuit Alleging Cover-Up

16 Nov 2018
Military.com | By Richard Sisk

The fathers of three Special Forces troops killed by a Jordanian First Sergeant in 2016 drew comparisons Friday between the incident and the alleged murder last month of Washington Post contributor Jamal Khashoggi by Saudi agents.

"I believe the Jordanians no more are going to come clean on the killing of our boys than Saudi Arabia is going to come clean on killing Khashoggi," said Jim Moriarty, father of Army Staff Sgt. James Moriarty.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/11/16/fathers-3-green-berets-killed-jordan-file-lawsuit-alleging-cover.html

Sorry the address took so long.  My computer is giving me fits this morning.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:08:37 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Fathers of 3 Green Berets Killed in Jordan File Lawsuit Alleging Cover-Up
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 04:00:55 pm »
This has always been a danger with every SF team deployed since the first one. There are 12 of you,plus maybe a few administrative types to help run the camp,and you are surrounded by hundreds of locals who consider you to be foreigners,and they are all armed. And there is not one single thing you can do about it other than always try to keep each other's back covered,and to have a backup plan in case the locals try to take over the camp and kill you all.

This happens very rarely,but that is mostly due to the mindset of SF soldiers who tend to accept the locals as equals more-so than their own governments,and this more than anything else keeps these uprisings from happening. The locals know from experience that you are going into battles beside them,and risking your lives to save theirs,and very few of them have ever experienced anything close to that from their own governments. Because of this you are usually tipped off that something is in the works in time to prevent it. Not always,but usually.

If you are not willing to take those risks,don't volunteer for the job.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!