Author Topic: Florida official Brenda Snipes: racism 'probably' a factor in attacks against me  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Florida official Brenda Snipes: racism 'probably' a factor in attacks against me

Snipes, 75, was condemned for sending results two minutes after 3pm deadline in the race between Rick Scott and Bill Nelson

David Smith in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
@smithinamerica

Sat 17 Nov 2018 10.32 EST

A top elections official in Florida who endured national humiliation after missing a midterms recount deadline by two minutes has told the Guardian that racism is “probably” a factor in the backlash against her.

Brenda Snipes, elections supervisor of Broward county, was condemned by Republicans and Democrats after failing to submit tallies in the US Senate race between Rick Scott and Bill Nelson on schedule.

On Friday, with a hand count of votes under way, about two dozen protesters continued their vigil in a car park outside Snipes’s headquarters. Some claimed without evidence that she had missed the deadline deliberately because the results she oversaw boosted Scott’s overall lead.

In a short interview, Snipes, 75, said: “You know, the protesters have been claiming stuff all week so whatever they’re doing, that’s what they’re doing. That’s what they feel like they need to do.”

Asked if she felt it was racially motivated, the supervisor replied: “Probably. Probably.” She declined to elaborate.

more
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/17/brenda-snipes-florida-election-recount-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

It's not racism lady. It's your blatant incompetence. Big difference.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
But according to the linked article...

The recount showed Scott, currently the Republican governor of Florida, down 606 votes from the first count and Nelson down 1,385 – a net gain for Scott of 779 votes.

...the recount DID favor Scott. Are we to believe she would have missed the deadline if the recount had favored Nelson? More likely, it was the plan all along to submit the recount if and only if the results were what she wanted.

I just don't get how FL could write election laws with such built-in blatant corruption mechanisms. Think about it - you have 67 counties, they all do recounts, but only the recounts that favor one candidate get submitted - and all perfectly legal...

---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When you are black and incompetent at your job you must always throw the race card at any and all criticism to defend yourself.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

"And now we go to Broward County where an election is in the process of being stolen. Deputy Fuddrucker and his dog Monkey Shines are responding....."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
When you are black and incompetent at your job you must always throw the race card at any and all criticism to defend yourself.

@The Ghost

You can't blame them for going with what works,even if they are so stupid they believe it themselves.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!