Author Topic: Nelson’s chance at win in Florida Senate race dwindles as key counties complete hand recount  (Read 772 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Unless something unforeseen occurs, Democratic insiders expect Nelson to concede as early as this weekend ahead of the results being certified Tuesday.

Manuel Roig-Franzia and
Amy Gardner
November 16 at 6:55 PM

LAUDERHILL, Fla. — Sen. Bill Nelson was left with almost no chance of pulling off a comeback to retain his seat Friday after Florida’s two largest counties completed hand recounts that failed to generate the big vote bump the incumbent Democrat needed.

Nelson’s underwhelming performances in the recounts in Miami-Dade County and the Democratic stronghold of Broward County, along with three courtroom setbacks, make it almost impossible for the three-term senator and former astronaut to overcome a deficit of more than 12,000 votes in his reelection bid against Gov. Rick Scott (R). The recounts set the stage for a likely Scott victory that would strengthen Republican control of the U.S. Senate and give the nation’s third-most-populous state two GOP senators.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hand-recount-of-ballots-begins-in-floridas-broward-county/2018/11/16/f9131ee0-e92f-11e8-bbdb-72fdbf9d4fed_story.html?utm_term=.6c31b2adc997
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who says there is never any good news?

I wonder how the Dim vote stealing program let this one slip through their fingers?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

Senator Nelson looking shocked by this turn of events...

Here he is looking happy last week....

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 04:03:43 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline libertybele

Here he is looking happy last week....

Shocked?  He says dead people!   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Don't listen to the Republican lies, my campaign will prevail!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Nelson is as dead as the guy to the right of him in that picture
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Who says there is never any good news?

I wonder how the Dim vote stealing program let this one slip through their fingers?

It's been good practice for 2020 though - they now have a good handle on how many more bogus ballots they need to come up with, and can put together some seminars for their operatives on how to rig the results without being so obvious about it...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Frank Cannon

How can you tell? To me he looks like they just popped him out of a coffin and propped him up to take photos of the corpse.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Don't listen to the Republican lies, my campaign will prevail!

@Free Vulcan

Obviously a close blood relative.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's been good practice for 2020 though - they now have a good handle on how many more bogus ballots they need to come up with, and can put together some seminars for their operatives on how to rig the results without being so obvious about it...

@Snarknado

Since when have they cared about being obvious when the Dims are in charge of Congress?

Remember Sharpton sending buses full of Dim activists from NYC to Florida to register new voters in prison when Goober Gore was running for President?

Did the RNC even bother to complain?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:49:14 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
In any event, this ridiculous loophole has to be addressed where a county can do a recount and then choose to submit it on time if it favors their candidate, or late if they like the original count better...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA