Author Topic: Has Stacey Abrams 'Placed Her Ego Above Nation's Stability' in GA Election? 2016 Abrams Would Say 'Y  (Read 665 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Has Stacey Abrams 'Placed Her Ego Above Nation's Stability' in GA Election? 2016 Abrams Would Say 'Yes'

As reported by Matt Vespa, Georgia Democratic Gubernatorial Candidate Stacey Abrams has bowed out of the governors' race, saying it is evident that Republican candidate Brian Kemp will win. But in stark contrast to her support for the integrity of US elections in 2016, Abrams has declared that simply because she acknowledges his victory does not mean she is conceding and in fact, it means that "democracy failed Georgia."

According to CNN, Abrams told her supporters and the media that "this is not a speech of concession, because concession means to acknowledge an action is right, true or proper. As a woman of conscience and faith, I cannot concede that. But, my assessment is the law currently allows no further viable remedy. Now, I can certainly bring a new case to keep this one contest alive, but I don't want to hold public office if I need to scheme my way into the post. Because the title of governor isn't nearly as important as our shared title -- voters. And that is why we fight on." (emphasis mine)

Abrams team has continuously claimed that Kemp, Georgia's Secretary of State from 2010-2018, was essentially rigging elections through what she claims was voter suppression.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2018/11/16/stacey-abrams-places-ego-above-nations-stability-in-ga-election-but-still-quits-race-n2536110
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Dems seem convinced that Kemp somehow cheated.  Yet I am still waiting for the first voter to come forward to explain how he/she was disenfranchised.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Has Stacey Abrams 'Placed Her Ego Above Nation's Stability' in GA Election? 2016 Abrams Would Say 'Yes'

The electorate does not like sore losers.  Hope we have heard the last of this jerk.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

The electorate does not like sore losers.  Hope we have heard the last of this jerk.

Nope. She is going to be Oprah's running mate.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What a haughty, arrogant woman. She truly thinks her skin color and ethnicity give her some god-like position over the rest of us.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What a haughty, arrogant woman. She truly thinks her skin color and ethnicity give her some god-like position over the rest of us.

Entitled is the word.  She bought into the Oprah bullshit. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

Nope. She is going to be Oprah's running mate.

Nah, average Americans TV screens are too small for that duo... And I doubt they'd take turns...

Offline Snarknado

• Anti

Just to clarify, you have to read this part of the story to see the full scope of her hypocrisy:

Abrams comments regarding supposed democratic failure are nearly the polar opposite of comments she made against GOP 2016 presidential candidate Donald Trump after he refused to state whether or not he would accept the results of the election if he lost. At the time, Trump had made comments that the Democratic Party might steal the election through voter fraud and other illicit means.

As noted by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution, Georgia House Minority Leader Stacey Abrams said at the time that Trump's rigged election comments were a “petty, petulant and absurd rejection” of democracy that demeans him and his campaign..."We should be ashamed of anyone who would place his ego above our nation’s stability, and I trust his advisers will convince him to do what is right,” Abrams added.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA