Author Topic: Breaking: Ballot count in U.S. House race for Utah takes a surprising turn for Mia Love  (Read 808 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Carlos Garcia

The ballot count for the election for a U.S. House seat from Utah took a surprising turn Friday to the benefit of Rep. Mia Love, who had been running behind in the vote tally.

“This is just the start of Mia’s victory”

Love is running against Salt Lake City Mayor Ben McAdams and pulled ahead in the vote tally for Utah’s 4th district.

However, her lead is very slim – 129006 votes to McAdams’ 128587, for a difference of only 413 votes. There are still thousands of provisional ballots left to count in the contest.

Her lead is well within the 0.25 percent threshold where Utah law allows for a candidate to request a recount.

“This is just the start of Mia’s victory,” said Love’s campaign manager, Dave Hansen. “We will continue to closely monitor the election results.”

Meanwhile Andrew Roberts, McAdam’s campaign manager, downplayed Love’s lead.

“We’re optimistic that when final numbers are reported Monday, Ben McAdams will again be winning,” Roberts said. “We’re grateful for the dedication of elections officials and employees as they complete the vital task of counting every legal vote.”

more
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/11/16/breaking-ballot-count-in-u-s-house-race-for-utah-takes-a-surprising-turn-for-mia-love?utm_content=bufferf180b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=theblaze
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Dayum.    Will Love find a way?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

Dayum.    Will Love find a way?

Geez. I hope so. The Rats will need a solid open borders vote when the time comes.

Offline Hoodat

Geez. I hope so. The Rats will need a solid open borders vote when the time comes.

Don't be discouraged, Frank.  The Democrat may yet pull it out.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

Don't be discouraged, Frank.  The Democrat may yet pull it out.

Please don't say 'pull it out' around Frank.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Shenanigans are shenanigans, regardless of party.   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Shenanigans are shenanigans, regardless of party.   :shrug:

OK, that's where I draw the line.  I called Shenanigans, but nobody heard and now we're well on our happy horse to Tomfoolery. This has to stop.

9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline montanajoe

I get down to Utah fairly often and lived there nearly 30 years. The Utah legislature is about 80% GOP, seems every year I was there in every legislative session they would redraw the Salt Lake City district to favor what they thought would be the GOP.

At the same time the state is heavily recruiting government and California businesses to locate to the SLC valley. She may survive but in two years the district will have enough Dims to defeat any GOP candidate in that district..... :shrug:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline GrouchoTex

I was a bit surprised when I heard she had lost.
So, now, it looks like maybe she didn't?
I have to say, all this weird, country wide,  count the vote when it is convenient crap is starting to get to me.