Author Topic: Ron DeSantis is Florida’s next governor. Margin barely budges after machine recount.  (Read 242 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ron DeSantis is Florida’s next governor. Margin barely budges after machine recount.

By Emily L. Mahoney

Herald/Times Tallahassee Bureau

November 15, 2018 05:59 PM

Updated 2 hours 37 minutes ago
TALLAHASSEE

Nine days after Election Day, and one machine recount later, it is all but official: Ron DeSantis is Florida’s next governor.

The results of the statewide machine recount, which rolled by the Thursday 3 p.m. deadline, solidified what most already knew, as DeSantis has already busied himself with transitioning to power and creating a new government.

In the governor’s race, it was an anticlimactic finish to the dramatic machine recount — plagued with technical issues and an avalanche of lawsuits — with almost no change in the margin between DeSantis and his Democratic opponent, Andrew Gillum, since this weekend. Still, about 0.41 percentage points separate the two candidates, or just under 34,000 votes.

Just after the results were released, DeSantis sent a statement to reporters declaring victory — once again.

“I remain humbled by your support and the great honor the people of Florida have shown me as I prepare to serve as your next governor,” his statement read, striking a more conciliatory tone than the confrontational approach he used in the campaign.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article221720935.html#storylink=cpy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34