Author Topic: Conservative-Leaning States Drop From 44 to 39  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Conservative-Leaning States Drop From 44 to 39
« on: November 14, 2018, 09:44:28 pm »
https://news.gallup.com/poll/226730/conservative-leaning-states-drop.aspx

POLITICS
FEBRUARY 6, 2018
BY LYDIA SAAD

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- While all 50 states were right-leaning as recently as 2010, the number of net-conservative states was 44 in 2016 and dropped to 39 in 2017, with Rhode Island, California, Oregon, Maryland and Washington all scoring as net-liberal for the first time. Since 2013, Vermont and Massachusetts consistently have had more liberal than conservative identifiers. Connecticut and New York have also leaned left the past two years.

Gallup measures political ideology by asking respondents whether their political views are very conservative, conservative, moderate, liberal or very liberal. Nationally, in 2017, a combined 35% of adults identified themselves as conservative and 26% as liberal, resulting in a nine-percentage-point conservative advantage. This is down from 11 points in 2016, 15 points in 2008 and 19 points in 1992, Gallup's baseline year for this measure.

With another 35% of Americans identifying as politically "moderate," neither liberals nor conservatives dominate in any state. Rather, these are minority-sized groups that affect the ideological balance of each state at the margins.

More at URL above (including good graphics)...

Sorry for the size:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 10:31:07 pm by MOD8 »

Online libertybele

Re: Conservative-Leaning States Drop From 44 to 39
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 09:48:37 pm »
It is very unfortunate that they were not successful in calling for a Convention of States when the number of conservative states far outweighed liberal; that was truly a missed opportunity.  One that I highly doubt we'll see again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 09:59:58 pm »
It is very unfortunate that they were not successful in calling for a Convention of States when the number of conservative states far outweighed liberal; that was truly a missed opportunity.  One that I highly doubt we'll see again.

Remember that McCain was considered conservative. I'm doubting this shift.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 10:34:22 pm »

I agree, @libertybele.  Very sad.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 10:41:42 pm »
I agree, @libertybele.  Very sad.

We are now really out of options...very said indeed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 10:46:13 pm »
The elephant in the room that is being ignored... Elect a poison pill and get poisoned...

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 12:04:30 am »
WE'RE GOING TO LOSE IN 2020 UNLESS WE GET MOBILIZED FAST!!!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 12:19:09 am »

Remember that McCain was considered conservative. I'm doubting this shift.

That is an excellent point. Here is another one. Can anyone tell me what Conservatives are selling that anyone cares about? They say platitudes like "Limited Govt'" and the such but never actually connect it to anything real. There was no unified message from the GOP on anything this election cycle. For every close the boarders GOPer candidate there was an open borders one down the block running. Some for tariffs and some against. Some for the tax cuts some against. They don't know what the hell they stand for.

Rats on the other hand are very clear on issues that effect people personally. Free shit for everyone. Free healthcare. Free education. Free base income. Are Conservatives going to bother ever coming up with a plan to combat this? If this election cycle is any indication I would say not. That right there is why there are a shrinking number of "Conservative" areas. They don't offer anything anyone wants to care about.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 12:30:50 am »
WE'RE GOING TO LOSE IN 2020 UNLESS WE GET MOBILIZED FAST!!!

I agree:

#1  How??

#2  Who will lead?

#3  Where will the $$ come from?

Not trying to be difficult, just pointing out the obvious reality.

It has been my past experience that it is very difficult to get even a small group of people to get together for a cause, let alone a large mass of people.  How do you energize a group (conservatives/GOP) who for the most part are complacent, working, in denial and/or apathetic??

Meanwhile, the leftists are years ahead of the game as far as organization, money and exciting masses for the cause; namely rejecting anything Trump/GOP/conservative.

Case in point; I had the Tea Party patriots call me yesterday afternoon, looking for $250.  I told them my $$ went to support candidates in the mid terms.  They then asked for $100.00.  Not a mention of meetings, rallies, groups to join, etc., etc.,...they just wanted $$.  Money to beat the left.  Again, no mention of how, who, what, where or when.

I get the same e-mails, texts and phone calls from the NRSC.  All they want is $$.

IMHO there is no plan to mobilize. The only plan I see is to fleece the GOP and conservative voting base.  This isn't working.  It hasn't worked in the past and it sure as heck isn't working now!!!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 12:33:36 am »
I told you when Obama was elected to a second term in 2012 that the country could not survive 4 more years of his destruction and I have sadly been proven right.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 12:40:53 am »

This is to be expected.  The conservatives with a pen and a microphone have spent their time bashing the Trump presidency and tearing apart his (conservative) agenda while pining for conservative purists but supporting third party nut jobs.

Did Conservatives really think this wouldn't take its toll?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 12:45:35 am »
This is to be expected.  The conservatives with a pen and a microphone have spent their time bashing the Trump presidency and tearing apart his (conservative) agenda while pining for conservative purists but supporting third party nut jobs.

Did Conservatives really think this wouldn't take its toll?

Conservatives?  You're blaming conservatives for this? 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 12:56:10 am »
Conservatives?  You're blaming conservatives for this?

Didn't I make that clear enough for you?

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:56:47 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 12:58:12 am »
Didn't I make that clear enough for you?

Just wanted it on the record.

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 01:04:46 am »
I told you when Obama was elected to a second term in 2012 that the country could not survive 4 more years of his destruction and I have sadly been proven right.

I didn't think we'd make it past his first 4 years.   :shrug:

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 01:05:10 am »

Duly noted.

Offline endicom

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2018, 01:07:59 am »
Can anyone tell me what Conservatives are selling that anyone cares about? They say platitudes like "Limited Govt'" and the such but never actually connect it to anything real.

That's a perpetual problem. Lefties have the Santa Claus Factor while others have to somehow sell freedom. The lefties promise goodies from magic money while others have to explain how freedom begets more goodies with real money.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2018, 01:08:18 am »

Dead on. After that 8 years we have over 50% of kids today on some sort of public assistance. Over 50%. At the same time we have the GOP making no case to do anything to try to give people a realistic alternative. It's a clown show.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 01:09:00 am »

I've said it before dear, but if you need my previous posts to put in my permanent record ... go ahead.  Rather adolescent, IMHO, but whatever floats your boat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2018, 01:11:22 am »

That's a perpetual problem. Lefties have the Santa Claus Factor while others have to somehow sell freedom. The lefties promise goodies from magic money while others have to explain how freedom begets more goodies with real money.

There is a way to connect freedom to actual real life examples. The GOP could be heading into the Ghetto and telling it's inhabitants that the Police are government. They hate the police. Tell them that limited govt' means getting the Fuzz off their backs.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2018, 01:11:45 am »
The left is in disarray too. Trump has made them insane. It's not over but things are getting dangerous.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2018, 01:12:39 am »
I've said it before dear, but if you need my previous posts to put in my permanent record ... go ahead.  Rather adolescent, IMHO, but whatever floats your boat.

What's your policy on Pantyhose? I'm trying to decide who is right in this argument.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2018, 01:14:40 am »
What's your policy on Pantyhose? I'm trying to decide who is right in this argument.

Against it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2018, 01:15:01 am »

:beer:
I appreciate your willingness to say outrageous things and then double down on them.  Keeps it interesting around here.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2018, 01:16:09 am »
I agree:

#2  Who will lead?

There simply is no other choice, it has to be Trump.