Author Topic: Bill Nelson’s lawyer calls on counties to take time needed on recounts  (Read 829 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Florida Politics by Scott Powers 11/12/2018

Saying there’s no practical reason for the statutory deadlines that counties face to do machine and hand recounts of last week’s election, Democratic U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson’s lead vote-recount lawyer said Monday he believes they should be given the time they need even beyond the deadlines.

Marc Elias on Monday told reporters that Florida’s law was not created with the intention of meeting rigid timetable requirements for the elections of a U.S. Senator or a governor and so if counties need more time, the state ought to grant them waivers to make sure they have time to count every ballot.

The matter comes to the forefront Monday as all 67 counties launch into a machine recount of three statewide elections, including that for Florida’s U.S. Senate seat, in which Nelson trails Republican Gov. Rick Scott by just over 12,000 votes out of 8.2 million cast in the election.

The machine recounts are to be completed by Thursday. If the U.S. Senate race remains below the 0.25 percent difference threshold, and that race goes, as now expected, to a hand-recount, county canvassing boards have to finish that by Sunday. Already, there is grumbling that some might not make it, and one Democratic Florida House candidate Jim Bonfiglio has filed suit to get Palm Beach County’s deadlines extended.

“If they can’t meet the Sunday deadline, then that deadline ought to be extended,” Elias said. “And it ought to be extended to ensure that every vote is counted because obviously you would not want, of all places in America, Florida would not want different counting treatments in some counties than in others.”

More: http://floridapolitics.com/archives/281061-bill-nelsons-lawyer-calls-on-counties-to-take-time-needed-on-recounts

Offline DB

Who needs rules/laws...

Incompetence should be painful and not tolerated.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nelson telling these counties to break the law....

Dems can't handle defeat..they have to cheat and steal to overturn elections
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When Thursday comes and the count has not been completed as per statute, we will see if the rule of law is worth the paper it was written on in Tallahassee.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

Marc Elias on Monday told reporters that Florida’s law was not created with the intention of meeting rigid timetable requirements for the elections of a U.S. Senator or a governor

Oh yeah? Well then why don't we wait a couple years to get the votes tabulated since it ain't no thang.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Screw recounts.  Other than facilitating fraud. what purpose do they serve?  Are we to assume the second count is more accurate than the first, and if so, why?  Do we need to go best two out of three?  Three out of five?  Count until the Dem comes out ahead and then certify it, no matter how many tries it takes?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline libertybele

When Thursday comes and the count has not been completed as per statute, we will see if the rule of law is worth the paper it was written on in Tallahassee.

The deadlines for counting ballots has come and gone and already those 'running the election' have already not complied...so in essence the rule of law is gone. It happened in AZ, CA and now it appears in FL.  The DEMS will eventually have the majority in the Senate.  Their goal is to impeach Trump and to remove him from office. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

The deadlines for counting ballots has come and gone and already those 'running the election' have already not complied...so in essence the rule of law is gone. It happened in AZ, CA and now it appears in FL.  The DEMS will eventually have the majority in the Senate.  Their goal is to impeach Trump and to remove him from office.

They may steal the majority, but no way they make 2/3 for removal.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline libertybele

They may steal the majority, but no way they make 2/3 for removal.

I fully understand what you are saying, but at this point in time, I wouldn't under estimate the corruption of the DEMS.  They have blatantly and unlawfully stolen elections ... getting rid of Trump is their agenda period.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Not only is he saying to ignore the law, but he implies he's got a judge and/or other officials in his pocket. Sounds like collusion to me.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Not only is he saying to ignore the law, but he implies he's got a judge and/or other officials in his pocket. Sounds like collusion to me.

That doesn't surprise me at all, Nelson has been in politics for 46 years, serving in the FL Senate for the past 18years. I'd say he knows a few people that owe him a favor or two.

I fully understand what you are saying, but at this point in time, I wouldn't under estimate the corruption of the DEMS.  They have blatantly and unlawfully stolen elections ... getting rid of Trump is their agenda period.

I think the agenda is to steal a few Senate seats to block SCOTUS appointments they don't approve of.  Getting rid of Trump is just the red meat that gets a few very (perpetually) angry people out in the streets to make it look like the (manufactured) votes really came in in their favor.

Offline libertybele

I think the agenda is to steal a few Senate seats to block SCOTUS appointments they don't approve of.  Getting rid of Trump is just the red meat that gets a few very (perpetually) angry people out in the streets to make it look like the (manufactured) votes really came in in their favor.

True, I just don't think that's there only agenda, with ousting Trump as their primary agenda.  We shall see.  I certainly never, ever thought that a sitting Senator (Nelson) would stoop so low and was so corrupt...he had me fooled.  It indicates to me just how corrupt the DEMS really are.  From this point forward, who is going to stop them from doing what they want?  So far no one.  They are not complying with deadlines and judge's rulings.  Again, who is going to stop them? They stand in defiance and continue on.

We experienced the blatant corruption of Bammy and Holder who refused to comply...they got away with doing whatever they wanted...and the rest of the party continues to follow in their footsteps. Who is going to stop them??  Especially since the leftist have follower who have become very well organized and have larges masses of people throughout this country who are willing to stand and protest. Mob rule.  Meanwhile the GOP has no such masses of people who are organized and remain silent.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 05:29:04 am by libertybele »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A party capable of producing several fake Kavanaugh accusers is also capable of manufacturing scores of ballots for democrat candidates.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.