Author Topic: Will Trump be the Last Republican President? By Brian C. Joondeph  (Read 1871 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
November 12, 2018
Will Trump be the Last Republican President?
By Brian C. Joondeph
I believe that Donald Trump will be the last Republican president many of us will ever see in our lifetimes.  We hope that he will serve two terms, but even that is not a given, despite his popularity both personally and of his MAGA agenda. I’ll call it the three D’s, in honor of Trump’s first name Donald – demeanor, demographics, and deception.

Let’s start with the first D of “Demeanor,” his personality. Look at Trump’s 2016 election. Republicans ran a strong field of candidates, most of whom were qualified and capable of serving as president, even if some of their political agendas were more establishment than conservative, all certainly better than the alternative, Hillary Clinton. Trump was the only one of the 17 who could have prevailed in the general election against the candidate supported by the entire American left. Mrs. Clinton had the endorsement and support of virtually the entire media, academia, entertainment, and Wall Street financiers.

Yet Trump won, handily. No other Republican candidate could have pulled that off. No other candidate would have filled arenas for nonstop campaign rallies. No other candidate would have punched back against media hatred with the ferocity of a junkyard dog. No other candidate would have advanced such a conservative agenda, whether on trade, immigration, taxes, or the judiciary.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/11/will_trump_be_the_last_republican_president.html#ixzz5WhHbbks4
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Some truth, Nikki Haley OR others, I don't want to sell anyone short, might appeal to folks in 2024, should we win again in 2020. I think that's a plan.

It's bad but maybe not that bad. I don't want the Republicans to change core values like some often mention.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 02:27:23 am by TomSea »

Offline Absalom

Re: Will Trump be the Last Republican President? By Brian C. Joondeph
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:40:56 am »
This noisy rant implicitly argues that both the
GOP Leadership and Trump are Conservatives;
both assertions being complete nonsense.

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 02:49:37 am »
Schwarzenegger was the last Republican governor of California and it will likely stay that way for a long time. The parallels are significant. Both are populist that talked a good game but with no foundational principles to anchor to. Neither had any conservative accomplishments prior to running. Neither had demonstrated any ability to function in public office at any level. Both were/are all over the map on the issues. Schwarzenegger destroyed the California GOP leaving it in total disarray. Trump is well on his way to doing the same nationally.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 02:56:11 am »
This is just another post-election dreary opinion piece. Best to kick aside some of the worries listed in the article, these people need to get out an article. Hope, pray, fast even for the future of our country.

I don't think it's chiseled in stone that another Republican nominee couldn't have beaten Hillary but I'd say it's more likely most of them would not have.  Honest to gosh, people like Rubio were way to young for the job, even if say, he could have won. I think he would have had a chance. I'm not saying that as a supporter but from being objective.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 03:01:41 am »
Some truth, Nikki Haley OR others, I don't want to sell anyone short, might appeal to folks in 2024, should we win again in 2020. I think that's a plan.

It's bad but maybe not that bad. I don't want the Republicans to change core values like some often mention.

I think Governor Abbott will do very well.  He's my top choice.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 03:07:08 am »
After every election some yahoo digs up an old article about the other party never winning another election and just changes the Party name.  These journalist hacks are as original as unsliced bread.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 03:11:28 am »
I know, I will be voting for whomever the GOP puts up, pretty much.  We will see on the primaries when they come.

We've got to straighten out election laws. Some of these elections look to be BS though, it's not unexpected, the Dems would get a bounce out of the Mid-Terms.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 03:15:59 am »
As many problems as the GOP has, the Democrats have even more.  Theirs' is a very brittle coalition that can blow up at any time.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 03:33:46 am »
As many problems as the GOP has, the Democrats have even more.  Theirs' is a very brittle coalition that can blow up at any time.

Brittle being the operative word.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 03:36:26 am »
I've been told many times by Commie Pinkos like this that there will never be another Republican President. After Bush, After Reagan, After Nixon. It's always the same silly bullshit.

Thank God for the interwebs so I can find out what nobody half wit droolers like this shitbag have to say. My life was so empty previous to that.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 03:51:43 am »
Schwarzenegger was the last Republican governor of California and it will likely stay that way for a long time. The parallels are significant. Both are populist that talked a good game but with no foundational principles to anchor to. Neither had any conservative accomplishments prior to running. Neither had demonstrated any ability to function in public office at any level. Both were/are all over the map on the issues. Schwarzenegger destroyed the California GOP leaving it in total disarray. Trump is well on his way to doing the same nationally.
---------------------------
Thoughtful and persuasive commentary w/an observation.
The pre-Civil War support for the GOP came from the Northern Mercantile
Class which evolved into the Industrial Class and is now the Corporate Class.
Other than representing the economic interests of business, indeed worthy,
just what core principles does the Republican Party stand for?????

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 04:10:25 am »
Even if one wasn't a Romney fan, I think clearly, he should have won and would have been much better than Obama.

If one has to ask what the core values are, maybe one doesn't know what they are. Read the party platform. Why were, for example, Evangelists attracted to vote for Trump, not all but a good number.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 04:13:57 am »
Yes, Trump is a one-off in that sense and really, I think Reagan was a one-off, if one brings up Nixon.  Like them or not, like one but not the other, both were very unique politicians.  A bit what is needed at times of crisis.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 04:43:59 am »
Even if one wasn't a Romney fan, I think clearly, he should have won and would have been much better than Obama.

If one has to ask what the core values are, maybe one doesn't know what they are. Read the party platform. Why were, for example, Evangelists attracted to vote for Trump, not all but a good number.
----------------------------
And that well intentioned retort is the very essence of the problem.
* Party platforms are cliches and slogans created by political frauds
and hustlers to gin up support and votes from the impressionable.
* Principles are truths which support the basis for the programs one
advocates before the citizenry.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:47:14 am by Absalom »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 04:50:54 am »
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 04:52:52 am »

LOL. Yeah. Isn't that 10 years old now? Even Serpenthead says that book is bullshit now.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 06:25:22 am »
The USA certainly is much different now than 1980 with Reagan, now, California is deep blue, Nevada and Colorado and Virginia, blue, some red states now close to becoming blue like North Carolina, Trump winning states that are often blue in Presidential elections at least like Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. I totally agree, the GOP's chances have declined greatly.

Should we win in 2020, in 2024, Haley has a lot of popularity, not saying I'm a big fan of hers. I do think she has a path though.GOP is really up against it. No way, should Obama have won two terms. Bush in 2000 and Trump in 2016 did not win the popular vote, so that means the Dems have won the popular vote in:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 07:51:02 am »
This is place is ridiculous. After Trump won in 2016, the GOP had complete control of the country politically, Congress, President, USSC, state legislatures.

Bunch of drama queens here.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 06:05:21 pm »
California voted for the Democrat something like 1 time from 1952 to 1988. Now, a Republican would have quite a task coming close to the Democrat.

While growth in the Latino population has helped make California a reliably Democratic state today, this was not always the case. In fact, from 1952 through 1988, Republicans won every presidential election except the landslide loss of Barry Goldwater in 1964. In 2016, Hillary Clinton won the state by 30 points over Donald Trump. This marks the third consecutive election that the Democratic nominee has surpassed 60% in the state.
https://www.270towin.com/states/California

Of course, some voters might not see the need to turn out at such an election.

That said, Rush Limbaugh said, we really can't be sure of the Hispanic vote and I think that is somewhat applicable in a lot of races, Florida and Texas though, one might not count on that in California. Other states, I'm not so sure about.  I think in some cases, one might see some Hispanics voting Republican but overall, the majority goes Democrat.

Drama-queen that, that's the concern.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2018, 02:04:01 am »
Weird wrote:
"After Trump won in 2016, the GOP had complete control of the country politically, Congress, President, USSC, state legislatures."

How hard did the Congressional Republicans work once we gave them the victory in 2016?  Heh...
So.. what are they gonna accomplish between now and 2020?
Would you want them Congressional Republicans watchin' your back?

I'm a realist.

I hope Mr. Trump wins in 2020, but right now, it looks to be an uphill fight.

Arizona, Florida and even Georgia show signs of "tipping blue".
Even Texas is gonna have problems before too many more years.
(Yes, Cruz beat Beto. By 2.6%. In Texas, down by the Rio Grande...)

The democrat-communists are gonna have their vote fraud machines working overtime.
But in a growing number of places, the dem-coms don't even need 'em any more.

Whatever happens in the months ahead, it's pretty much all "up to Mr. Trump".

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2018, 03:21:07 am »
I think the GOP would have fared better, had the Ryan House majority passed immigration

Repeal & replace, nothing, zip.

The Wall, DACA nothing, zip nada.

#nevertrumper Ryan will soon be knockin down million$.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln