Author Topic: Stacey Abrams files lawsuit to resurrect rejected ballots in Georgia governor race  (Read 588 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stacey Abrams files lawsuit to resurrect rejected ballots in Georgia governor race
by Daniel Chaitin
 | November 11, 2018 10:36 PM
 | Updated Nov 11, 2018, 11:56 PM

Stacey Abrams, the Democratic governor candidate in Georgia, is down but not out, and has taken legal action as she seeks recount or runoff against Republican candidate Brian Kemp.

Abrams' campaign and Democratic allies filed a federal lawsuit asking a judge to put on hold vote certifications for an extra day -- making the deadline Wednesday instead of Tuesday.

Furthermore, the lawsuit asks that officials be required to count votes that were "arbitrarily and unlawfully" rejected. That could add "at least 1,095 qualified electors who properly submitted absentee ballots in the Nov. 6," the plaintiffs assert. Officials from Gwinnett County said those ballots were dismissed because of missing or mismatched information, such as a birth year.

The plaintiffs add that they believe there may be more absentee ballots in other counties, pointing to DeKalb County in particular, there were denied due to missing or insufficient oath information.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/stacey-abrams-files-lawsuit-to-resurrect-rejected-ballots-in-georgia-governor-race
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Seeking federal court undermines the state authority, and the feds should reject suit and say it belongs in the state courthouse.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Seeking federal court undermines the state authority, and the feds should reject suit and say it belongs in the state courthouse.

I hope you are correct. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Stacey Abrams files lawsuit to resurrect rejected ballots in Georgia governor race

With Ophra's billions she had unlimited resources to buy this thing outright.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stacey Abrams’ SISTER is Judge Presiding Over Campaign Lawsuits
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/stacey-abrams-sister-is-judge-presiding-over-campaign-lawsuits/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/stacey-abrams-sister-is-judge-presiding-over-campaign-lawsuits/

Conflict of interest?   Nah.  nothing to see here. move along.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I'm sure recusal never crosses her mind.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy