Author Topic: Romney: Trump is wrong to vilify the press. It's not the enemy, it's critical to democracy.  (Read 4092 times)

Offline corbe

Neither of them is well known for being a good judge of Character.  /JS

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Neither of them is well known for being a good judge of Character.  /JS

Again I ask the question, if not Trump, then who?  Certainly not this guy.

Offline corbe

Again I ask the question, if not Trump, then who?  Certainly not this guy.

That very valid question was asked throughout the GOP primaries @dfwgator and there was offered a reasonable answer, now it is irrelevant.  We dance with who brung us and it dam sure ain't Romney.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

That very valid question was asked throughout the GOP primaries @dfwgator and there was offered a reasonable answer, now it is irrelevant.  We dance with who brung us and it dam sure ain't Romney.

Cruz?   I like Cruz, but as a Senator.

Offline dfwgator

Now there is one name I would submit, that I would vote for over Trump, and that's Governor Abbott.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Was Romney blind as to how the media turned him into "Hitler" once he got the nomination?  Sure they loved him before and after.

Romney had Obama on the ropes in the first debate and then he totally laid down to be stepped on in the next two.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Cruz?   I like Cruz, but as a Senator.

Cruz should be president.  Fortunately, he has time.  When Trump wins again, it will probably go back
to the democrats unless they continue to self-destruct.  Then Cruz can run in 2018.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Now there is one name I would submit, that I would vote for over Trump, and that's Governor Abbott.

I like Abbott.   He's no Abortion Barbie....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Romney had Obama on the ropes in the first debate and then he totally laid down to be stepped on in the next two.

What kind of presidential candidate is defeated by Candy Crowley?

Offline dfwgator

I like Abbott.   He's no Abortion Barbie....

I may start printing up my "Abbott 2024" Bumper Stickers, LOL!

Offline Frank Cannon

What kind of presidential candidate is defeated by Candy Crowley?

The one who has been changing addresses every six months to find a place stupid enough to elect him to something....anything.

Offline Frank Cannon

That very valid question was asked throughout the GOP primaries @dfwgator and there was offered a reasonable answer, now it is irrelevant. 

There were no reasonable answers given.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I may start printing up my "Abbott 2024" Bumper Stickers, LOL!

Hey...it's never to early!  I just read they asked the "Texas Nacho" supporters to not throw away the yard signs so they can recycle them for 2020. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Absalom

Another reflection.
In 1964 Barry Goldwater won the GOP nomination for POTUS and
a cabal of leftist R politicians led by George Romney and Nelson
Rockefeller initiated an aggressive media campaign against him;
ensuring his crushing defeat by Johnson. This confirmed what the
R leadership had always been: Progressive Left since Fremont in 1856.
Sure every 50 years or so a Reagan or Trump type wins. So what?
Nothing fundamental changes as the GOP is very comfortable w/the
likes of Johnson, Grant, Hayes, Garfield, Harrison, McKinley,
Taft, Harding, Hoover, Eisenhower, the Bushes and all the rest.
Doofus Romney and zero Ryan are more of the same; two schmucks
looking for a DC job.
Sadly some voters who call themselves conservatives will never, ever wise up!!!

Offline bilo

I used to actually like Romney and lately I've come to my senses.  He either needs to support this president or keep his mouth shut and if he can't do that then he needs to join the DEMS. I'm sick to death of all the RINO's!!  We're losing our country and all they can do is criticize the one person who's done more for this country than anyone has in the past decade.

:amen:

I agree with you completely!

I'm not surprised about the Pubs losing the House, but it still is disheartening. What we need know are fire breathing conservatives who love this country to get behind Trump and fight the leftist evil in front of them. If Trump falters, buck him up, but sure as hell don't undercut him. Any chance for any conservative legislative achievements was lost with the election. Now the fights will be in the courts and media.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

:amen:

I agree with you completely!

I'm not surprised about the Pubs losing the House, but it still is disheartening. What we need know are fire breathing conservatives who love this country to get behind Trump and fight the leftist evil in front of them. If Trump falters, buck him up, but sure as hell don't undercut him. Any chance for any conservative legislative achievements was lost with the election. Now the fights will be in the courts and media.

I pray that truth and honesty will prevail.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/search/label/Greg%20Abbott

Yes.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
  Any chance for any conservative legislative achievements was lost with the election.

Unfortunately, that is true.  So now the question becomes -  just where does our soul reside?   If we can accomplish no more legislatively,  of what purpose is blind loyalty to Trump?   

If Trump falters, buck him up, but sure as hell don't undercut him

In 2020,  the Senate map will favor the Dems,  and we will have had two more years of Trump's dysfunction.    To me, the task for conservatives is to figure out how to retain Trump's coalition and expand it.    That means, IMO, finding an alternative to challenge Trump in the primaries.   I'm not saying it's Romney,  but it sure as heck ought to be someone.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Slide Rule

So.  When Romney is elected President, we can observe him in action.

Seems he had such an opportunity and blew it.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline jpsb

To me, the task for conservatives is to figure out how to retain Trump's coalition and expand it.   

Without Trump there is no GOP.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Bullshit!

Not total BS.  Trump is the leader of the GOP and he has been a good leader.  I think more of the Republican squishes are coming to appreciate him or at least realize they depend on him for the next two years.

Offline dfwgator

Not total BS.  Trump is the leader of the GOP and he has been a good leader.  I think more of the Republican squishes are coming to appreciate him or at least realize they depend on him for the next two years.

Just look at Lindsey Graham's transformation.

Trump and the GOP need to figure out how to work together to win in 2020.  It's doable, but it has to be a team effort.

Offline jpsb

Bullshit!

Those that ran on the Trump agenda mostly won, those like McSally that were Neverturmpers pretending to
be conservative mostly lost. Without Trump there is no GOP. Even with Trump there might not be a GOP if
we don't get our border secured.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Just look at Lindsey Graham's transformation.

Trump and the GOP need to figure out how to work together to win in 2020.  It's doable, but it has to be a team effort.

Exactly.  And McConnell's kinda of transformation to the point of at least working with Trump.  It will continue and Republicans need to finally figure out what's good for them.