Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi: Mueller Doesn’t Have to Indict Trump for Congress to Impeach Him  (Read 371 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nancy Pelosi: Mueller Doesn’t Have to Indict Trump for Congress to Impeach Him
The Atlantic, Nov 11, 2018, Edward-Isaac Dovere

[...]

“Recognize one point,” Pelosi told me during an interview in the conference room of her minority-leader suite in the Capitol late Friday: “What Mueller might not think is indictable could be impeachable.”

Pelosi said people should pray for the country as long as Trump is in charge. She’s not sure of his mental condition. She thinks he’s degraded the Constitution and American values. She says the intelligence assessments are indisputable that Russia interfered in the 2016 election. She thinks the firing of Jeff Sessions and the appointment of Matthew Whitaker as acting attorney general in a clear move against the Mueller probe “is perilously close to a constitutional crisis.”

That’s not enough, she said. “You have to have evidence, evidence of the connection. Everything’s about the connection,” Pelosi explained.  In other words, it comes down to a topic the president has notably refrained from tweeting about for weeks: collusion.

Maybe there’s something else in his tax returns. Maybe there’s something that’s beyond the special counsel’s scope. Maybe there’s something Trump has yet to do. “That’s why we want to see the documents,” Pelosi said. “Because we’re seeking truth. We’re seeking truth for the American people about the integrity of our elections and honoring the Constitution.”

More:  https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/11/why-nancy-pelosi-might-impeach-trump/575560/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Maybe there’s something Trump has yet to do. “That’s why we want to see the documents,” Pelosi said.

Buckle up.  She's nuts.

Offline skeeter

The rats have nothing. All they are about now is overturning elections.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The rats have nothing. All they are about now is overturning elections.

Not only overturning elections but they also want to try to invalidate Trump's presidency.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

Please invest all your time for the next 2 years trying to do this. I will love seeing all these new Rats voted in lose their seats in 2 years because they promised to be moderate to get votes and you are dragging them into Antifa world.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Sadly, the Democommie quiver is empty, and has been for a long time.  My God, wasn't the damage done by Obama enough the idiots of America want more!

They have no choice.  They have harped about Trump for two years with nothing in terms of positions on issues, except give the store away and make the American taxpayer pay for it all, while lining their pockets.  Something Pelosi is good at doing.  He and her husband have gotten very wealthy by legislating money into their pockets.

Be prepared for two + years of demanding impeachment.  Uggh!

I can't wait for Trump to bury Clinton a 2nd time in 2020.