Author Topic: Midterms Reveal That More Educated Americans are Fleeing the Republican Party  (Read 1959 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
By the logic of the Newsweek article, when the Democrats lost around two times the House seats the Repubs lost this time, Democrats must have fled the party.

Somehow, I missed that article.

So, I read the articles and quotes from the Brookings institute but that's how it looks to me.

Intellectual snobbery and now, some results that can't be trusted. I'm sure Newsweek will report on that./sarcasm

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Liberal Bias Starts Long Before College

High schools are the problem.

By Maria Biery • July 6, 2017

There are too many examples of college campus craziness to count. There are entire websites—such as Campus Reform and The College Fix—that specialize in reporting the liberal bias, political correctness, and all around daily madness of institutions of higher education. However, for all the attention we give to these episodes at the collegiate level, we miss the root of the problem, and without addressing the cause we can’t hope for a solution.

The truth is, indoctrination of America’s youth begins long before college.

In my own experience, during my years at a public high school, I had a teacher who aired his left-leaning political views on a daily basis, during class hours, when we were supposed to be learning biology. I can remember sitting in the back of the class with my fists clenched asking myself, “What are we learning right now besides what he thinks about politics?” There was no space to debate him. Numerous students told their parents about it, but, at the end of the day, we all knew we couldn’t do anything. He was set to retire in a few years, he had tenure in the school district, and this was an AP class. No one was willing to risk their grade or their chances of getting into college over a forced hour and a half of frustration per day.

<..snip..>

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/liberal-bias-starts-long-before-college/

Absolutely.  In our state it is grade school.  They are using the "it takes a village" to make a communist.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

Absolutely.  In our state it is grade school.  They are using the "it takes a village" to make a communist.

As I told my kids when they'd bring stories home repeating lectures they heard about wonderful left and horrible right - your teacher hopes to retire one day and is just making sure their pension plan is still there and is well funded.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 08:21:22 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Liberal Bias Starts Long Before College

High schools are the problem.

By Maria Biery • July 6, 2017

There are too many examples of college campus craziness to count. There are entire websites—such as Campus Reform and The College Fix—that specialize in reporting the liberal bias, political correctness, and all around daily madness of institutions of higher education. However, for all the attention we give to these episodes at the collegiate level, we miss the root of the problem, and without addressing the cause we can’t hope for a solution.

The truth is, indoctrination of America’s youth begins long before college.

In my own experience, during my years at a public high school, I had a teacher who aired his left-leaning political views on a daily basis, during class hours, when we were supposed to be learning biology. I can remember sitting in the back of the class with my fists clenched asking myself, “What are we learning right now besides what he thinks about politics?” There was no space to debate him. Numerous students told their parents about it, but, at the end of the day, we all knew we couldn’t do anything. He was set to retire in a few years, he had tenure in the school district, and this was an AP class. No one was willing to risk their grade or their chances of getting into college over a forced hour and a half of frustration per day.

<..snip..>

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/liberal-bias-starts-long-before-college/

@corbe

Nothing new about this. I lost my GI Bill while attending a local community college due to a History Professor seeing my Army fatigue shirt (couldn't afford to buy new shirts) going off on how "VN vets are punks too cowardly to fight,unlike my generation. They just want to smoke dope and complain,etc,etc,etc." Needless to say I went OFF on his ass,and asked him in front of the whole class to tell us all some WW-2 stories about how fought the Nazi's as a US Coast Guard customs officer working out of Portsmouth,Va the whole war.

Since I was on a roll,I also went off on him about a bunch of other stuff,and may have offered to kick his ass if he didn't keep his punk mouth shut.

Got kicked out despite having a 3.8 average while taking 18 credit hours. I guess the president had to side with the professor for political reasons,but when I went to make subtle inquiries about the profs whereabouts a year later after the dust had settled,he was no longer teaching there and nobody knew where he went.

No more college for me. I appealed the hell out of the decision,and was told I was trade school material or they wouldn't have booted me out of college. So off to gunsmith school I went.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Chosen Daughter

I was a troublemaker in the 3rd grade. My teacher insisted we were going to raise a "May Pole" and dance all around it on "May Day",and I stood up in class and told her that "I" was NOT a commie,and was NOT going to dance around no damn May Pole to celebrate a Commie holiday,not now,and not ever."

I didn't,either.  Nobody joined me in sitting it out,but I didn't care. I did it for me,not them.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 09:55:51 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Chosen Daughter

@corbe

Nothing new about this. I lost my GI Bill while attending a local community college due to a History Professor seeing my Army fatigue shirt (couldn't afford to buy new shirts) going off on how "VN vets are punks too cowardly to fight,unlike my generation. They just want to smoke dope and complain,etc,etc,etc." Needless to say I went OFF on his ass,and asked him in front of the whole class to tell us all some WW-2 stories about how fought the Nazi's as a US Coast Guard customs officer working out of Portsmouth,Va the whole war.

Since I was on a roll,I also went off on him about a bunch of other stuff,and may have offered to kick his ass if he didn't keep his punk mouth shut.

Got kicked out despite having a 3.8 average while taking 18 credit hours. I guess the president had to side with the professor for political reasons,but when I went to make subtle inquiries about the profs whereabouts a year later after the dust had settled,he was no longer teaching there and nobody knew where he went.

No more college for me. I appealed the hell out of the decision,and was told I was trade school material or they wouldn't have booted me out of college. So off to gunsmith school I went.

My son has a professor (college course) like that now.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 09:21:37 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter

I was a troublemaker in the 3rd grade. My teacher insisted we were going to raise a "May Pole" and dance all around it on "May Day",and I stood up in class and told her that "I" was NOT a commie,and was NOT going to dance around no day May Pole to celebrate a Commie holiday,not now,and not forever."

I didn't,either.  Nobody joined me in sitting it out,but I didn't care. I did it for me,not them.

That is weird and funny!  Yeah Gaia worship too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That is weird and funny!  Yeah Gaia worship too.

@Chosen Daughter

I was hard core. I even asked my brother,who was 12 years older than me,"Why the hell aren't you in Korea,killing commies instead of here?"

That was when I found out he flunked the physical for being a Class 1 diabetic. Not that I took him at his word,though. I went to the library and looked up diabetes.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@corbe

Your story reminded me of my Freshman year in college.  In the early 70's our campus was full of GI bill Nam vets. American history was a required course and out of the 25 or so seats in class there must have been 4 or 5 vets in class with me.  The Prof was a WWII vet. As we learned during the semester he spent 2 or 3 years in a Jap prisoner of war camp(s).   Most of the vets were there in flesh but not in spirit just to tick off a course requirement....till the week he spent on WWII.  When he related his personal experiences of his time as a prisoner the room went silent and you could hear a pin drop in their for over a week.  The Nam Vets would stay after class and they would just talk.  I thought at the time they had a respect and a bond for each other. 

Pete, Sorry you had a dickhead.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.