Author Topic: Florida recount rewind: Andrew Gillum 'replacing' concession with call to count every vote  (Read 342 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida recount rewind: Andrew Gillum 'replacing' concession with call to count every vote
by Daniel Chaitin
 | November 10, 2018 03:37 PM
 | Updated Nov 10, 2018, 04:18 PM

Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum has retracted his concession in the tight contest for Florida governor.

During a press conference in Tallahassee on Saturday, the Democrat declared that his fate now would rest with a recount declared earlier in the day.

"I am replacing my words of concession with an uncompromising and unapologetic call that we count every single vote," Gillum said. "And I say this recognizing that my fate in this may or may not change."

Gillum had conceded the contest to former GOP Rep. Ron Desantis on Tuesday night.

Desantis has a 33,684-vote lead over Gillum according to the latest unofficial count Saturday. Because the margin between the two candidates was within the half-point margin that triggers an automatic machine recount, Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner ordered a recount for the governor race, as well as recounts for the close governor and agricultural commissioner races.

Gillum has also dismissed talk by President Trump and Gov. Rick Scott, who is the GOP candidate in the governor race, about there being voter fraud in some counties. "What’s embarrassing to democracy is not counting every vote — and you, of course," he tweeted Friday. "Count every vote."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/florida-recount-rewind-andrew-gillum-replacing-concession-with-call-to-count-every-vote
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 :2popcorn:

Jesus H. Christ.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Full Nelson

Flip flop Gillum.