Author Topic: Here are all the incoming members of Congress who want ‘Medicare for all’  (Read 504 times)

rangerrebew

Here are all the incoming members of Congress who want ‘Medicare for all’
November 10, 2018 | BPR Wire | Print Article

The House Medicare for All Caucus could count some new members when the 116th Congress convenes in January, although progressive candidates on the whole had a less than stellar performance on Election Day Tuesday.

Democratic Rep.-elects Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York and Deb Haaland of New Mexico and more winning progressive candidates campaigned on “Medicare for all.”

The idea came to national attention because of Independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who introduced a Medicare-for-all bill in Congress in September 2017, but there’s still no hard and fast definition of Medicare for all. Candidates like Ocasio Cortez and Haaland touted iterations of the proposed single-payer system that caused many critics to question how it would be funded.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/11/10/here-are-all-the-incoming-members-of-congress-who-want-medicare-for-all-692232

Offline Applewood

I believe that there are Republicans who want the same thing or some kind of government-run health care.   That may explain why the Republicans, even with both houses of congress and the presidency for two years couldn't rid us of Obamacare.  It's not really that they couldn't; they really don't want to.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 03:00:47 pm by Applewood »

Offline musiclady

I believe that there are Republicans who want the same thing or some kind of government-run health care.   That may explain why the Republicans, even with both houses pf congress and the presidency for two years couldn't rid us of Obamacare.  It's not really that they couldn't; they really don't want to.

This.

Empty campaign promises because, though the American people want Obamacare to disappear, the politicians don't.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
On the bright side, this will create a minor schism within the Dem Party as Red State Dems clash with their newer more openly Marxist members.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
that caused many critics to question how it would be funded.
Oh, they've got that figured out already: spike the payroll tax, then spike the minimum wage even higher to make it less noticeable.

Until, of course, what happened the last time the national minimum wage went up happens again, which of course was the recession and a plummeting job market.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024