Author Topic: GOP nerves on edge after Sinema takes lead on McSally  (Read 907 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP nerves on edge after Sinema takes lead on McSally
« on: November 09, 2018, 05:23:06 pm »
GOP nerves on edge after Sinema takes lead on McSally
By Reid Wilson - 11/09/18 12:10 PM EST

Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D) has taken a narrow lead over Rep. Martha McSally (R) in a hotly contested race for a U.S. Senate seat in Arizona after a wave of ballots from Maricopa County broke heavily toward the Democrat on Thursday night.

Now, with about half a million votes left to count, Republicans are nervous that the votes left to be counted will favor Sinema.

Sinema leads McSally by just 9,163 votes out of nearly two million cast, a margin of just 0.48 percentage points. Angela Green, the Green Party nominee, has 43,958 votes.

Publicly, McSally’s campaign says it is confident that the remaining ballots will break their way. McSally's team has told allies that the ballots counted on Thursday are likely to have come from the final early votes cast before Election Day, voters that are most likely to favor Democrats.

The remaining votes to count, McSally's campaign believes, will come from Republican voters who turn out regularly, who dropped their ballot off at polling places on Election Day. Those voters, McSally's team hopes, will put them back in front.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/415942-gop-nerves-on-edge-after-sinema-takes-lead-on-mcsally
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: GOP nerves on edge after Sinema takes lead on McSally
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 05:23:47 pm »
But privately, half a dozen Republican strategists, party officials and state legislators on Thursday and Friday all said they worried a Senate seat was about to slip away. They are closely watching the next tranche of results, due to be released by Maricopa County officials Friday afternoon.

“It goes without saying that if Sinema gains significantly again in Maricopa County today, the race is over,” one party strategist who asked for anonymity to offer a candid assessment told The Hill. “Sinema's jump in the numbers last night defied expectations and all logic.”

This race is over..the rats managed to steal it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 05:25:23 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 05:27:57 pm »
Though Maricopa has some GOP areas, I don't think we're going to get this race. I do think we'll win FL though.

All I can say is dammit Republicans, you are in charge of these states and you don't reform the laws to keep this crap from happening.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 05:33:01 pm »

All I can say is dammit Republicans, you are in charge of these states and you don't reform the laws to keep this crap from happening.

Yup. If you want to know why this election just got stolen just ask this stupid bitch GOP Sec of State in AZ Michele Reagan. She is in charge of making sure elections are clean and efficient. She just let the Rats manufacture 8K votes DAYS AFTER THE ELECTION.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 06:33:30 pm »
Yup. If you want to know why this election just got stolen just ask this stupid bitch GOP Sec of State in AZ Michele Reagan. She is in charge of making sure elections are clean and efficient. She just let the Rats manufacture 8K votes DAYS AFTER THE ELECTION.

It's a disgrace and a shame.  She should be replaced.  Women!!
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 06:40:01 pm »
At this point, the Sinema race goes both ways....I mean could go either way.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 06:42:01 pm »
At this point, the Sinema race goes both ways....I mean could go either way.

Sinema goes both ways

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 07:11:05 pm »
Sinema goes both ways

Considering (1) Active Military makes up a good chunk of absentee balloting and (2) McSally has. a fine combat war record.........

Does anyone else find it strange that Enema is beating her in  late balloting?   :pondering:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 07:17:01 pm »
Considering (1) Active Military makes up a good chunk of absentee balloting and (2) McSally has. a fine combat war record.........

Does anyone else find it strange that Enema is beating her in  late balloting?   :pondering:

No, because when you examine McSally’s voting record as a congresswoman, it’s pretty abysmal on immigration, for a supposed conservative.  She’s post-op McCain.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/my/tools/grades/list/0/CONGRESS/az/A/Grade/Active

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 07:18:53 pm »

No, because when you examine McSally’s voting record as a congresswoman, it’s pretty abysmal on immigration, for a supposed conservative.  She’s post-op McCain.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/my/tools/grades/list/0/CONGRESS/az/A/Grade/Active

So Enema was a better choice?   Hmmmmmmmmmm.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 07:20:35 pm »

In general, "My opponent sucks more" is not a winning strategy.  You'd better have enthusiasm on your side.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 07:22:32 pm »
In general, "My opponent sucks more" is not a winning strategy.  You'd better have enthusiasm on your side.

Worked for Trump and his supporters in 2016.  You know....the old binary choice thingy.... happy77

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 07:24:31 pm »
Worked for Trump and his supporters in 2016.  You know....the old binary choice thingy.... happy77

At least Trump did have something resembling a positive message.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 07:27:08 pm »

Not a totally good example because Trump was popular on his own merits.  However, I do not see a problem with making a binary choice. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 07:28:15 pm »

No, but conservatives aren't going to vote for Sinema and you expect her rating on immigration to be an F.  In a tight race there will be single issue voters that see McSally as a difference without a distinction on immigration and possibly take a pass.  Things like this happen in elections all the time.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 07:28:41 pm »

Scary but not that strange.  We now realize the democrats will lie, cheat and steal with regularity.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 07:29:09 pm »

It's not a binary choice, there is a third choice, stay home.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 07:36:55 pm »
It's not a binary choice, there is a third choice, stay home.

Stay home when a Green Party wolf in Dim sheep's clothing is the alternative?   That ought to wake up the most apathetic center or right of center voter.

She is in Bernie Sanders territory.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:37:58 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 07:43:23 pm »
Stay home when a Green Party wolf in Dim sheep's clothing is the alternative?   That ought to wake up the most apathetic center or right of center voter.

George Carlin was right...

“Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.”

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 07:44:33 pm »
Scary but not that strange.  We now realize the democrats will lie, cheat and steal with regularity.
They don't even lie about lying/cheating and stealing. Pelosi and Hillary told them to do 'whatever you have to do to win'. Their motto is, 'by any means necessary'. What does that say? They are proud of lying and cheating. Power by any means and at any cost.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 10:58:40 pm »

I do not consider 'stay home' a valid choice.  Any registered voter should be able to make a binary choice.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 11:00:01 pm »
Hate to be negative, but I don't think we're going to get this one.
The Republic is lost.