Author Topic: Before the midterms, Trump harped on the migrant caravan. Since then, he hasn’t brought it up.  (Read 921 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/08/before-midterms-trump-harped-migrant-caravan-since-then-he-has-barely-mentioned-it/

Before the midterm elections, President Trump crossed the nation warning those attending his rallies of the oncoming threat of about 7,000 Central American migrants who are traveling through Mexico to seek asylum in the United States.

While campaigning in Chattanooga, Tenn., for Republican Senate candidate Marsha Blackburn last Sunday, Trump suggested that the migrants were looking to come in and disrupt Americans' lives.

“That’s an invasion. I don’t care what they say. I don’t care what the fake media says. That’s an invasion of our country,” he said before rally attendees began chanting “Build the wall.”

“I am telling the caravans, the criminals, the smugglers, the trespassers marching toward our border, turn back now, because you are not getting in. Turn back,” Trump added.

Trump saved America again, because it's no longer a problem...like North Korea.  MAGA!!!

Offline Frank Cannon

Nope. Hasn't been discussed at all since Monday....

Nope. Hasn't been discussed at all since Monday....

I like that static picture. :seeya:

If you count each frame of the video it comes out to 1488 frames  :terror:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:54:20 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You clearly missed the President's press conference on Wednesday and all of the questions he answered on the "caravan" .... not to mention the dustup when the President continued to call this an "invasion" and not a "caravan" @Once-Ler

You also missed yesterday's news about the WH making illegal border crossers ineligible for asylum.   

Trump to Sign Immigration Directive Revamping Asylum System
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-to-sign-immigration-directive-revamping-asylum-system-1541629100

DOJ and DHS Issue New Asylum Rule--Applies President’s authority to suspend entry to asylum
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/doj-and-dhs-issue-new-asylum-rule

Things move fast, very fast.  Perhaps the DU isn't your best source for news.

Things move fast, very fast.  Perhaps the DU isn't your best source for news.
Clearly not, also I have not been spending enough time with you my dear.  Thanx for not posting any stormfront articles.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 01:32:13 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Clearly not, also I have not been spending enough time with you my dear.  Thanx for not posting any stormfront articles.

You need to come up with an actual argument, not just insults.  Or, maybe you can't?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/08/before-midterms-trump-harped-migrant-caravan-since-then-he-has-barely-mentioned-it/

Trump saved America again, because it's no longer a problem...like North Korea.  MAGA!!!

I just got off the phone with him and he reassured me that he is still planning to block the alien invasion.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
We will see what happens.  They are still coming.  Last I heard 5-7 thousand of them.  I predict that Trump and Trump and Graham will work together for one of the biggest amnesty deals.  The wall will not be built.  He will fill AG with someone who doesn't have the will or drive to stop the invasion.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

You need to come up with an actual argument, not just insults.  Or, maybe you can't?

Every forum needs a dung flinger.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline bilo

We will see what happens.  They are still coming.  Last I heard 5-7 thousand of them.  I predict that Trump and Trump and Graham will work together for one of the biggest amnesty deals.  The wall will not be built.  He will fill AG with someone who doesn't have the will or drive to stop the invasion.

I think he's moving in the opposite direction. He's changed the rules on applying for amnesty. He's challenging the legality of DACA. He's going to sign an EO about birthright citizenship. If the rulings go in his favor at the SCOTUS it will create a lot of pressure on Congress to resolve the issue.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I think he's moving in the opposite direction. He's changed the rules on applying for amnesty. He's challenging the legality of DACA. He's going to sign an EO about birthright citizenship. If the rulings go in his favor at the SCOTUS it will create a lot of pressure on Congress to resolve the issue.

Obviously, President Trump is moving strongly in the opposite direction.  His recent change of the amnesty rules has weakened the resolve of the caravan.

But truth will spoil the enjoyment some of our dear NTers in their constant whining.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.