Author Topic: BREAKING>>>AG Sessions resigns  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: BREAKING>>>AG Sessions resigns
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2018, 10:08:25 pm »
Makes a hell of a cookie, too. I particularly like the Fudge Stripes.

LOL. Top Notch!!!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2018, 10:09:49 pm »
Sessions was a terrible AG.  Hopefully this time Trump will do some research and pick someone who will serve him well and be willing to clean up the corruption in the DOJ.

And, I think that could have/should have been predicted.  Being a senator requires a whole different skill set, one where they have to get along and work together and all that.  Sessions had successfully been a senator for a long time.

I wish him well, and hope for a much better fit for that job.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2018, 10:20:46 pm »
“This is the Red Line” Eric Holder Panics After Rosenstein Loses Control Over Mueller Probe
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/11/this-is-the-red-line-eric-holder-panics-after-rosenstein-loses-control-over-mueller-probe/

Holder's response to Sessions's resignation tends to confirm what I said on another thread:  getting an Acting AG to replace Sessions will almost automatically kick Rosenstein off the oversight role in the Mueller investigation.  This is very good news, I think. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2018, 10:28:15 pm »
“This is the Red Line” Eric Holder Panics After Rosenstein Loses Control Over Mueller Probe
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/11/this-is-the-red-line-eric-holder-panics-after-rosenstein-loses-control-over-mueller-probe/

The media is already calling it obstruction.

Didn't see that coming, either.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2018, 11:25:22 pm »
Anyone ready for some Hawkeye smash mouth politics.  This guy knows how to play conservative football...and politics.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline berdie

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2018, 11:38:25 pm »
So who is going to be the one Trump will bitch about now?

What's the over and under on Mattis and/or Kelly?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2018, 12:21:09 am »
I had to check that to be sure you weren't joking. Whitaker has no reason to recuse.

It’s flimsy, but this is what Schumer is citing, as the reason.....

In an appearance last year on CNN, Whitaker laid out the plan he could now use to limit the Mueller investigation.

“So I could see a scenario where Jeff Sessions is replaced with a recess appointment,” Whitaker said in July 2017, “and that attorney general doesn’t fire Bob Mueller, but he just reduces his budget to so low that his investigation grinds to almost a halt.”

“Given his previous comments advocating defunding and imposing limitations on the Mueller investigation, Mr. Whitaker should recuse himself from its oversight for the duration of his time as acting attorney general,” wrote Schumer.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-new-acting-attorney-general-already-plan-stop-mueller-probe-213403227.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2018, 12:27:32 am »
LMAO...this announcement takes the wind out of the sails of Dems House victory...love it
@mystery-ak

Have to disagree, coming the day after the Dims take the House, looks like Trump is runnng scared, that he has something to hide. Even as a NT, who thinks Trump is to stupid to know anything but saving his skin, I'm astounded at how poorly the WH has handled this...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2018, 12:30:28 am »
@mystery-ak

Have to disagree, coming the day after the Dims take the House, looks like Trump is runnng scared, that he has something to hide. Even as a NT, who thinks Trump is to stupid to know anything but saving his skin, I'm astounded at how poorly the WH has handled this...

Yep Mueller's got the goods for sure. He just hasn't found the right time over the past two years to spring the trap.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2018, 12:45:09 am »
LEFT WING CALLING FOR PROTESTS IN THE STREET
Nobody Is Above the Law—Mueller Protection Rapid Response

Search 900+ events by zip code:

or browse by state
BREAKING: PROTESTS CALLED FOR THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 5 PM LOCAL TIME
Donald Trump has installed a crony to oversee the special counsel's Trump-Russia investigation, crossing a red line set to protect the investigation. By replacing Rod Rosenstein with just-named Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker as special counsel Robert Mueller's boss on the investigation, Trump has undercut the independence of the investigation. Whitaker has publicly outlined strategies to stifle the investigation and cannot be allowed to remain in charge of it. The Nobody Is Above the Law network demands that Whitaker immediately commit not to assume supervision of the investigation. Our hundreds of response events are being launched to demonstrate the public demand for action to correct this injustice. We will update this page as the situation develops.

--

Donald Trump just crossed a red line, violating the independence of the investigation pursuing criminal charges in the Trump-Russia scandal and cover-up.

Trump putting himself above the law is a threat to our democracy, and we’ve got to get Congress to stop him.

We're mobilizing immediately to demand accountability, because Trump is not above the law.

Please make note of the date, time, and description below to confirm that the host is able to organize the event on such short notice! In general, rallies are suggested to begin @ 5 PM local time. But individual local events may vary—please confirm details on your event page.  ...
More at "TrumpIsNotAboveTheLaw

Not all of the protests are Nov. 8. Check their website for one near you (so you know either to avoid a certain part of town or to be prepared to protect yourself against Antifa).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline the_doc

« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2018, 12:52:36 am »
@mystery-ak

Appearances notwithstanding, I don't think he's running scared.  And even as a NT myself, I would have to stay he is a lot smarter than most NTs realize.  I think our shrewd POTUS just waited until after the election to bear the teeth of his offense.  I would have done the same thing myself.  I wouldn't be surprised if Trump were to open up a sealed indictment from D.A. Huber targeting Mueller (the Uranium One scam, for example).  To do so would infuriate the Dems, but I think he would steamroll right over them with a plethora of additional arrests associated with FISAGATE and even much worse stuff from the Clinton Mafia Foundation.  I believe he will transform himself from looking like a guy who is running scared into a guy who is bent on utterly destroying the Deep State.

We'll just have to wait and see, of course.  (We may have to wait until after the pending Caravan mess is resolved, but we might see the FISA Warrant Declassification happen pretty soon anyway.  (It will prove that the Mueller investigation was an illegal witch hunt--and set Trump on a roll.)     

Offline the_doc

« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2018, 01:11:19 am »
LEFT WING CALLING FOR PROTESTS IN THE STREETMore at "TrumpIsNotAboveTheLaw

Not all of the protests are Nov. 8. Check their website for one near you (so you know either to avoid a certain part of town or to be prepared to protect yourself against Antifa).

The number of venues (900+) matches something I saw on another leftist site during the Kavanaugh hearings.  If I recall correctly, they said that they had 400,000 (armed?) protestors ready to mobilize in 900 cities if Kavanaugh wound up being confirmed.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2018, 01:19:05 am »
Lindsey Graham advised Jeff Sessions to recuse himself.  I read Jeff Sessions letter of resignation and he was truthful.  He did serve president Trump.  He was following policy and making progress.

This is all about recusing himself. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2018, 01:24:21 am »
Appearances notwithstanding, I don't think he's running scared.  And even as a NT myself, I would have to stay he is a lot smarter than most NTs realize.  I think our shrewd POTUS just waited until after the election to bear the teeth of his offense.  I would have done the same thing myself.  I wouldn't be surprised if Trump were to open up a sealed indictment from D.A. Huber targeting Mueller (the Uranium One scam, for example).  To do so would infuriate the Dems, but I think he would steamroll right over them with a plethora of additional arrests associated with FISAGATE and even much worse stuff from the Clinton Mafia Foundation.  I believe he will transform himself from looking like a guy who is running scared into a guy who is bent on utterly destroying the Deep State.

We'll just have to wait and see, of course.  (We may have to wait until after the pending Caravan mess is resolved, but we might see the FISA Warrant Declassification happen pretty soon anyway.  (It will prove that the Mueller investigation was an illegal witch hunt--and set Trump on a roll.)   

Interesting perspective and I have to agree, I don't think Pres. Trump is running scared at all. He has more backbone, confidence and tenacity then most and running scared is not in his character.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2018, 01:29:05 am »
Lindsey Graham advised Jeff Sessions to recuse himself.  I read Jeff Sessions letter of resignation and he was truthful.  He did serve president Trump.  He was following policy and making progress.

We used to call recuse back in my day being fired. Oh these Millennials and their new fangled language.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2018, 01:30:01 am »
Interesting perspective and I have to agree, I don't think Pres. Trump is running scared at all. He has more backbone, confidence and tenacity then most and running scared is not in his character.

It’s also difficult and uncomfortable to run, when you have bone spurs.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2018, 01:45:19 am »

@Chosen Daughter that may be, but the left is unwilling to let this President do what he has the full authority to do.  Sessions should have never allowed Rosenstein to give Mueller an open-ended investigation of Trump and should have never allowed for the investigation in the first place.  On what grounds and what proof was the investigation even started; other than rumor???  Sessions recusing himself is one thing, but failing to do his job, which is overseeing his deputy AG is quite another.

It is absolutely no secret to many of us, that Rosenstein was involved/connected to Clinton/Obama and Clinton/Uranium one and this investigation is no more than a cover up giving Clinton and those involved time to cover up their corruption.

So how is it the Sessions turned a blind eye to all of this for this period of time?  Even though Graham may have asked Sessions to recuse himself, certainly Sessions knew full well the conflict of interest in Rosenstein appointing Mueller, yet he did nothing.

Now the left is calling for protests in several cities in just about every state?? Mob rule by rioting???  I would lay you odds that the majority have no idea what the heck they are really protesting against other than what the liberal lunatics have been feeding them. To this day there is no evidence of collusion and the DEMS saying now that they have power the investigation will continue.
So they fuel this fire once again!

IMHO this is the beginning of the left's continued push to win by using any uncivil mean necessary.  At anytime the right could easily decide to push back and then we will see a civil war in a political sense being fought in the streets. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2018, 01:50:54 am »

@the_doc

I'm keeping in mind that big event you said would be happening by the end of the year.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2018, 02:06:59 am »
@Chosen Daughter that may be, but the left is unwilling to let this President do what he has the full authority to do.  Sessions should have never allowed Rosenstein to give Mueller an open-ended investigation of Trump and should have never allowed for the investigation in the first place.  On what grounds and what proof was the investigation even started; other than rumor???  Sessions recusing himself is one thing, but failing to do his job, which is overseeing his deputy AG is quite another.

It is absolutely no secret to many of us, that Rosenstein was involved/connected to Clinton/Obama and Clinton/Uranium one and this investigation is no more than a cover up giving Clinton and those involved time to cover up their corruption.

So how is it the Sessions turned a blind eye to all of this for this period of time?  Even though Graham may have asked Sessions to recuse himself, certainly Sessions knew full well the conflict of interest in Rosenstein appointing Mueller, yet he did nothing.

Now the left is calling for protests in several cities in just about every state?? Mob rule by rioting???  I would lay you odds that the majority have no idea what the heck they are really protesting against other than what the liberal lunatics have been feeding them. To this day there is no evidence of collusion and the DEMS saying now that they have power the investigation will continue.
So they fuel this fire once again!

IMHO this is the beginning of the left's continued push to win by using any uncivil mean necessary.  At anytime the right could easily decide to push back and then we will see a civil war in a political sense being fought in the streets.

Funny you are talking about liberals.  Trumps son in law is a liberal.  Ivanka,.......liberal.  Cohen, Amaroza......liberals.  Jeff Sessions Conservative.  What is also funny is the praise for Lindsey Graham.  He was the one who advised Jeff Sessions to recuse himself.

This administration is a circus.

I just wonder why there is no condemnation for Lindsey Graham?  Please read this.

Lindsay Graham: Sessions should recuse himself from Trump-Russia investigation

by Kelly Cohen

| March 02, 2017 12:01 AM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lindsey-graham-sessions-should-recuse-himself-from-trump-russia-investigation
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 02:20:56 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2018, 02:07:50 am »
@the_doc

I'm keeping in mind that big event you said would be happening by the end of the year.

Stay safe for now.  Check out the website for TrumpIsNotAboveTheLaw.  This thing tomorrow may be just the start of escalating trouble in the streets.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2018, 02:16:43 am »
There is one very close to me. Wondering if I should check it out just to check it out?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline the_doc

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2018, 02:24:21 am »
There is one very close to me. Wondering if I should check it out just to check it out?

I would check it out online and on TV, not up close and personal.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2018, 02:31:15 am »

I'm thinking about going to one to take some pics.  I want to be able to compare the crowd size vs the number of people who signed up vs how it is reported on the news.

But it means going downtown (and back) during rush hour.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2018, 02:33:04 am »
@libertybele

Donald Trump Joked Ivanka and Jared Kushner Are ‘Democrats’ Amid Their Constant White House Presence: Woodward Book

By Jessica Kwong   On 9/7/18 at 2:24 PM

resident Donald Trump reportedly brushed off complaints from his senior staff that his daughter Ivanka Trump and son-in-law Jared Kushner constantly sat in on meetings by joking, “They’re Democrats.”

Donald Trump’s alleged remark is detailed in the forthcoming book by investigative journalist Bob Woodward, Fear: Trump in the White House. Then-White House chief of staff Reince Priebus “had had it with Ivanka,” a transcript of the book obtained by Newsweek stated in a section on the lead-up to the president withdrawing from an agreement to combat climate change.

“The president's 35-year-old daughter and White House senior adviser effectively had free run of the West Wing,” Woodward wrote. “She had launched what amounted to a covert operation in support of the Paris Accord.”

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-ivanka-jared-kushner-democrats-1112023

Only it isn't a joke.  They really are liberals.  If people should be fired it should be them.  Not conservatives like Jeff Sessions.  Tucker Carlson spoke out on the outstanding job Jeff Sessions did for Trump tonight.

WATCH: Tucker Carlson tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w7fmrkMm9o

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 02:38:26 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2018, 02:36:25 am »

Lindsay Graham: Sessions should recuse himself from Trump-Russia investigation

by Kelly Cohen

| March 02, 2017 12:01 AM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lindsey-graham-sessions-should-recuse-himself-from-trump-russia-investigation

That was Lindsey Graham 1.0. He got an upgrade, since McCain left the scene.