Author Topic: Trump says he's open to raising the corporate tax rate to pay for middle class tax cut  (Read 597 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he's open to raising the corporate tax rate to pay for middle class tax cut
by Colin Wilhelm
 | November 07, 2018 01:08 PM

President Trump said Wednesday he would be open to raising the corporate tax rate that he spent tremendous political capital to cut in order to provide a bipartisan middle class tax cut.

“I would be certainly willing to do a little bit of an adjustment,” he said during a post-midterm elections press conference. “I would love to see a tax cut for the middle class.”

Trump's comments could worry his allies in the business community, who pushed for a corporate tax rate lower than the average for developed countries.

Republicans, including Trump, and third party groups in favor of last year’s law pushed back on efforts during the drafting process to lessen the reduction in the corporate rate in favor of deeper tax cuts for individuals.

In particular, the White House fought a provision from Sen. Marco Rubio R-Fla., to offset the cost of an expanded child tax credit by reducing the corporate cut in last year’s law slightly. Rubio had worked with Trump’s daughter and senior White House adviser Ivanka Trump on the provision. Several Senate Democrats also supported the change.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/trump-open-to-corporate-tax-rate-hike-to-pay-for-middle-class-tax-cut
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Try taxing AT&T.
On their $30 billion profit last year,
they paid ZERO income tax!
Corporate welfare!

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline libertybele

**nononono* **nononono*  ??? Cutting corporate tax rates is what ignited the economy and brought jobs back.  He may be open and listen to what the DEMS want, but they doesn't mean he's going to accept any of their ideas  especially if it means tanking the economy back to the Bammy days.  Trump has worked hard on the economy. I don't see that happening. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:56:08 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Try taxing AT&T.
Corporate welfare!

Stop with the Liberal talking points.

If that is true (that corporations don't pay income tax,) then why have a corporate tax? Surely, we'd be no worse off. We might actually do better...right?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 11:08:08 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Stop with the Liberal talking points.

If that is true (that corporations don't pay income tax,) then why have a corporate tax? Surely, we'd be no worse off. We might actually do better...right?

It IS true that THAT corporation does not pay income tax,
and in fact, gets money FROM the U.S. government!

(In the form of "refundable tax credits" similar to the
Earned Income Tax Credit that low income individuals get.)

CONSERVATIVES point out that corporations do not really pay any income taxes,
their shareholders and customers actually pay the money.

My point is that AT&T, who owns about one fifth of the
"mainstream" collectivist propaganda media,
also gets VERY favorable tax treatment
from the government for which they shill.

IF we're going to have a corporate income tax
(which economists have good arguments for abolishing)
it should be applied equally,
not discriminatorily, as it is now being applied.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Try taxing AT&T.
Corporate welfare!

Ah Geez.  Not this shit again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
The way to Pay for Tax Cuts, is with More Tax Cuts!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ah Geez.  Not this shit again.

I miss the days when it was just the Democrats who were economically illiterate.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
In other words, he lowered corporate income tax on the hopes they would increase hiring and employee salaries, but they went with stock buybacks instead, and now he’s mad.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.